Support for Canon CR3-RAW and CR3-To-DNG

Luminar 2018 does not support CR3 yet either.

What about using the Adobe DNG Converter? I usually convert all my RAW files to DNG - and DNG should work in PL1/2, doesn’t it?

If you just read the very first post in this thread you would have saved yourself a post.

Thanks for clearing that up. AFAIK DNG is supported, yet support for generic Android DNG is not. That is my understanding thus far. Obviously, I misunderstood that.

No problem! :slight_smile:

DxO added the Canon EOS M50 and the Canon EOR in their list for supported cameras. The support should start with photolab 2.3 from 04/2019.

1 Like

Ohhh, this is a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. Still a long wait till support is there :frowning:

2 Likes

Sommeone from DxO write a comment in facebook. Early march for EOS R-Support? Is this true?

1 Like

Hello,

The camera is being tested now. So most probably it will be delivered in March.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

If you wish, I can help you to test it. :smiley: I am the Founder of the inofficial German DxO-Facebook-Group.

Okay, I will take it into account when we need help in testing :wink:

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Dear DxO team,
Perfect that the support for the CR3 format has been supplemented with Photolab. I was very positively surprised that you added over 300 modules for the Canon EOS M50. Now we can also add adapted lenses with Photolab. Thanks and keep it up!

Unfortunately I found some bugs where the RAW files can’t be displayed or developed correctly. Both the representation in the Photolab and the JPG after the development is faulty. 2 sample photos, I can upload the RAW files if you like:

1 Like

Hello @Kazudi,

can you provide us one or two RAW images with that issue as you suggested ?
It would really help us to investigate.

Rergards,
Marie

1 Like

No Problem. Here are both files as RAW and JPG:

Thanks a lot.
We will try to fix it as soon as possible. I’ll keep you updated.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Kazudi,

I am having the same issue with the CR3 files from my Canon M50. It happens with about 10% of the 100 photos from my first attempt to use the update to PhotoLab 2 with this camera. I have a trouble ticket open with DxO and have provided a couple of example CR3 files. Glad to hear I am not the only person with the issue.

I can read and edit CR3 files made by Canon EOS R, but not the ones produced with a canon EOS RP. (mac osx version)

It also look like that with CR3 from my EOS R I have some issues with time zone : Pictures taken with 1h difference to my home time zone shows in CR3 on the dashboard as if the time zone difference was not applied in the camera , but then if I export a Jpeg file rom these raws, I see the right times on the files …, including the time zone

Hello @Kazudi and @Scott_M,

PhotoLab 2.2.1 has been released and fix issue you have with CR3 files.

Regards,
Marie

Hello @gbfabiani,

We are working on support of Canon EOS RP, it will be released later.

About issue with time zone can you upload one or two CR3 files of EOS R with that and indicate us what is right time and what is wrong time for these files ?

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the problem. I can confirm, that the new photolab version is working.