Request: Fine tuning local-adjustment sliders (Consistency issue)

Wow, a lot of talk again about ruining the local adjustments interface by putting it into side palettes when the missing piece is simple adding a modifier key to make the sliders less sensitive. To quote myself again:

Adding a modifier key to make those sliders less sensitive is relative child’s play as a developer. No additional interface even needs to be developed. I’m astonished DxO cannot be bothered to fix these simple and huge interface issues.

In my opinion, it’s simply to exasperate users enough that we would welcome moving local adjustments to the sidebar (most won’t).

@mwsilvers The solution in terms of too many local adjustments being available in the interface is fairly simple. Allow a global preferences pane to allow each user to set which local adjustments s/he wants. I know that I only use about five of the fifteen or so available and would probably only include eight if I had a choice. I’d want those that I do use visible all the time (which is the way I have them set now, thanks to someone’s tip on clicking on the three icons Light - Color - Detail, as I do use one to four from each palette).

1 Like

Among other things, I believe DxO’s road map for local adjustments includes the color wheel and tone curves. At best the inclusion of features like that would require a more hybrid approach with at least some of the functionality located in the local adjustments panel

I currently use all of the available sliders on the equalizer to target specific areas of an image at various times and for various purposes. I believe the eventual goal is to provide local adjustment versions of any global tools that could be used effectively when applied locally. Perhaps at some future date that might even include the application of noise reduction locally. If well implemented, the ability to apply almost all global adjustments locally would offer a lot of possibilities for image development.

Regardless though, as we all know from past experience, DxO will implement things as they see fit and may choose to ignore any of our suggestions.

Mark