Please remove the Nix Collection button 'advert' from PhotoLab

Concur with all said here. What chaps me even more is when I open my current vintage of Nix Collection to receive the giant pop up telling me that an upgrade is available. Total BS.

DXO will die Nik Filter mit aller Gewalt durchsetzen. Man könnte meinen sie führen Krieg gegen ihre Kunden von DXO Photo Lab Elite, Ich habe auf jeden Fall kein Geld für diese Filter! Hier Ist die Ignoranz der Entwickler zu spüren. Auf Support Anfragen reagiert DXO mit mehreren Tagen Verspätung und dazu noch recht Überheblich! Ich finde Das Programm ist so schon überteuert!
Die Geschwindigkeit beim Start und bei der Entwicklung ist meiner Auffassung viel zu langsam!
Dieses ständige nach Hause Telefonieren versteht man nicht! Vor allen Dingen beim Start unmöglich!

DXO wants to enforce the Nik Filter with all force. You might think they are at war with their customers from DXO Photo Lab Elite, I definitely have no money for these filters! Here you can feel the ignorance of the developers. On support requests DXO reacts with several days delay and in addition still quite arrogantly! I think the program is already overpriced!
The speed at the start and at the development is much too slow in my opinion!
One does not understand this constant home telephoning! Above all at the start impossible!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

You are welcome :nerd_face:

1 Like

PL and Nik Filters are not overpriced. Look at old magazine articles and find out what they did cost a couple of years ago. Then think twice.

1 Like

Zeitschriftenartikel die von DXO und deren Presse Arbeit gesponsert werden über Werbung?
Für 200Euro ist das Programm zu langsam und zu Unübersichtlich!

Nick Filter wurden schon von Google total vermurkst, vor ein paar Jahren waren die schon das absolute No Go, Wer Filter und Automatiken benötigt, sollte erst fotografieren lernen!

Deshalb sage ich wer mit Hilfe der Digitalfotografie Bilder auf die Konventionale Fotografie wie mit Film abstellen will, sollte gleich Konventionell Fotgrafieren!
Übrigens: Ich bekomme in Google Chrome das Forum nur in Deutsch zu sehen!

1 Like

Mit welcher Absicht schreibst Du dann überhaupt hier in dieses Forum?

For the rest of the world: don’t bother to translate, nothing worth it.

1 Like

Ich möchte ganz einfach die Werbung (Button) Nik Filter nicht in DXO PL Elite sehen!
Als Kunde dieser Firma habe ich das Recht Werbung die ich nicht sehen möchte, im Programm auch entfernen zu können!!

1 Like

This is an English forum. If you want to participate in the discussion please write in English. We don’t care about the fact that you’ve got google Chrome with the google translate add-on.

My mother tongue is German too but I would never write in German in an English forum. It simply not a very nice thing to do.

While this forum is mostly in English, I have no problem with anyone writing in the language with which they are most comfortable. Reasonably accurate translators are readily available.

Mark

2 Likes

@mwsilvers Danke!

1 Like

I agree with you at the only condition that the translation into english is available in the original message in german.
I think it is a lack of respect for the other users not to do that.

——

Ich stimme dir unter der einzigen Bedingung zu, dass die Übersetzung ins Englische in der Originalnachricht auf Deutsch verfügbar ist. Ich denke, es ist ein Mangel an Respekt vor den anderen Nutzern, das nicht zu tun.

I must admit I find the online translates not very reliable

@John7
Deshalb sollte, kann, jeder der ein Übersetzungsprogramm bevorzugt, dieses benutzen! Die Fehler die die Programme machen kennt jeder!
Zu dem es sprechen mehr Menschen Chinesisch, Spanisch, Portugiesisch und Französisch, als Englisch!
Aber deshalb rege ich mich immer noch über den Nik Filter Button auf!

Google Übersetzung ob es stimmt?
Therefore, anyone who prefers a translation program should be able to use this! Everybody knows the mistakes the programs make!
More people speak Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese and French than English!
But that’s why I’m still upset about the Nik Filter Button!

I’m still angry about the Black Friday ripoff, where early adopters/supporters paid for a limited-time “upgrade” to v2 and then the price dropped right after the early adopter deal ended. Only a $25 difference, but that’s the last $25 DxO will get from me. Fool me once…

EDIT: I should add that this debacle must have cost DxO more than that quick $25, too. I used to sing PhotoLab’s praises all over social media. Now I warn people about their underhanded business tactics.

3 Likes

This is the everyday life for most of non english native language :disappointed_relieved:
Pascal

2 Likes

Be ready !
Which of you will win the 100th editor trophy of this pathetic thread :partying_face:

Pascal

3 Likes

I agree, I am badly dyslexic so though English is my native language, in my mid 70’s I still do not understand it. Many of those contributing here who are using it as a second language to me have a much better understanding of how to use it than I do. My spelling isn’t English its as corrected, hopefully, by computer technology. So those using other languages have my admiration for using English and my envy that they are able to do as well.

2 Likes

If the DxO fawners would stop sidetracking this thread by complaining about people writing in German (and why the heck shouldn’t he: anyone who wants to read that post can put it into an online translator; otherwise ignore it). DxO is a European company and I don’t see why we all have to write in Trump’s English. Not sure if there’s a dedicated German forum but there is a dedicated French subforum. As I’ve mentioned before, the keyboard shortcuts for PhotoLab are not in English but in French (r for recadrer not c for crop).

I don’t understand the fawning brigade. We’re not in middle school any more, there’s no better grades coming for making excuses for DxO’s very bad behaviour here. What are you hoping for from this grovelling?

Gentlemen, praise DxO when they deserve praise, blame them when they deserve blame. By apologising for and whitewashing DxO’s poor actions, you encourage them to treat us (and you) worse in the future.

My invitation stands open for an official representative from DxO to step in and let us know that a preference checkbox to remove the Nik Collection button is coming. That’s the way to end this standoff. Not by ignoring the thread and not by hoping for the house bullies to silence dissent.

2 Likes

At least NIK has an English option, we have to put up with “American English” for DxO

1 Like

Post 100, for the win!

Stated in English; not Trump’s, not the Queen’s, just English. Brooklyn English (pre-hipster era), to be exact. If my language were Bhutanese, I would write it as such. If someone needs to ask a question in their native tongue, I respectfully submit that we needn’t make them feel bad about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes