Please remove the Nix Collection button 'advert' from PhotoLab

@mwsilvers Danke!

1 Like

I agree with you at the only condition that the translation into english is available in the original message in german.
I think it is a lack of respect for the other users not to do that.

——

Ich stimme dir unter der einzigen Bedingung zu, dass die Übersetzung ins Englische in der Originalnachricht auf Deutsch verfügbar ist. Ich denke, es ist ein Mangel an Respekt vor den anderen Nutzern, das nicht zu tun.

I must admit I find the online translates not very reliable

@John7
Deshalb sollte, kann, jeder der ein Übersetzungsprogramm bevorzugt, dieses benutzen! Die Fehler die die Programme machen kennt jeder!
Zu dem es sprechen mehr Menschen Chinesisch, Spanisch, Portugiesisch und Französisch, als Englisch!
Aber deshalb rege ich mich immer noch über den Nik Filter Button auf!

Google Übersetzung ob es stimmt?
Therefore, anyone who prefers a translation program should be able to use this! Everybody knows the mistakes the programs make!
More people speak Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese and French than English!
But that’s why I’m still upset about the Nik Filter Button!

I’m still angry about the Black Friday ripoff, where early adopters/supporters paid for a limited-time “upgrade” to v2 and then the price dropped right after the early adopter deal ended. Only a $25 difference, but that’s the last $25 DxO will get from me. Fool me once…

EDIT: I should add that this debacle must have cost DxO more than that quick $25, too. I used to sing PhotoLab’s praises all over social media. Now I warn people about their underhanded business tactics.

3 Likes

This is the everyday life for most of non english native language :disappointed_relieved:
Pascal

2 Likes

Be ready !
Which of you will win the 100th editor trophy of this pathetic thread :partying_face:

Pascal

3 Likes

I agree, I am badly dyslexic so though English is my native language, in my mid 70’s I still do not understand it. Many of those contributing here who are using it as a second language to me have a much better understanding of how to use it than I do. My spelling isn’t English its as corrected, hopefully, by computer technology. So those using other languages have my admiration for using English and my envy that they are able to do as well.

2 Likes

If the DxO fawners would stop sidetracking this thread by complaining about people writing in German (and why the heck shouldn’t he: anyone who wants to read that post can put it into an online translator; otherwise ignore it). DxO is a European company and I don’t see why we all have to write in Trump’s English. Not sure if there’s a dedicated German forum but there is a dedicated French subforum. As I’ve mentioned before, the keyboard shortcuts for PhotoLab are not in English but in French (r for recadrer not c for crop).

I don’t understand the fawning brigade. We’re not in middle school any more, there’s no better grades coming for making excuses for DxO’s very bad behaviour here. What are you hoping for from this grovelling?

Gentlemen, praise DxO when they deserve praise, blame them when they deserve blame. By apologising for and whitewashing DxO’s poor actions, you encourage them to treat us (and you) worse in the future.

My invitation stands open for an official representative from DxO to step in and let us know that a preference checkbox to remove the Nik Collection button is coming. That’s the way to end this standoff. Not by ignoring the thread and not by hoping for the house bullies to silence dissent.

2 Likes

At least NIK has an English option, we have to put up with “American English” for DxO

1 Like

Post 100, for the win!

Stated in English; not Trump’s, not the Queen’s, just English. Brooklyn English (pre-hipster era), to be exact. If my language were Bhutanese, I would write it as such. If someone needs to ask a question in their native tongue, I respectfully submit that we needn’t make them feel bad about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Where is-it ?

I know you are legitimately angry regarding some of DXO’s business practices, but if you’re no longer a fan and will not be using any of DXO products anymore, I wonder why you bother to continue to take your time to post here. However, If you do plan to continue using DXO software, and would miss it if it were gone, I wonder why you would actively want to drive potential customers away which could hasten it’s demise.

No one should ignore any of DXO’s negative business practices, I believe attempting to get them fixed by strongly indicating our displeasure with them is a better option than actively trying to drive them out of business.

Mark

4 Likes

Dear Alec,
You have the right to be angry, you have the right to give your opinion, but you have also the right to show some respect for other people in this public space that do not share the same point of view with you or share your point of view but do not act like you.
We are all here for a purpose but certainly not to fight at each other.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

I do agree that it is a pathetic situation here, but let’s not add oil on the fire.

There is a reason for every little thing happening.

Hopefully the @DxOStaffPO will give us a statement so we can restore peace and trust.

I agree that it should be done.
After 20 posts the message was understood.
Pascal

2 Likes

I agree. But I doubt that this is the end of it. I think the silence from DXO in response to this rebellion from some loyal customers is not helping. However, I’m not sure what they would be willing to say to us that would satisfy some of the complaints.

It is unlikely that they will move the Nik button to its more proper place in the Export To drop down as long as they are marketing Photolab to new users as an integrated part of the Nik Collection.

It is also unlikely that they’re going to change their website reference to the Nik collection being able to work with raw files, which is certainly misleading.

And hopefully they will handle upgrade pricing better for future releases. However, they are not going to go back and undo the mess they’ve created with Nik upgrade pricing. It is highly unlikely they will fix the problems they created for current users expecting a more robust upgrade for their money, or for users who recently purchased the previous version. It is also highly unlikely they will also go back and refund any money to users who already owned Photolab and don’t need a second license since PhotoLab is included with the Nik Collection at no cost.

It is these missteps that has angered a number of people, and they will continue to show their anger until DXO says something, or does something about it. Fixing these issues to everyone’s satisfaction by giving back money paid, after the fact, would be time-consuming and costly to DXO and is simply not going to happen. The best we can hope for is an adjustment to future upgrade pricing that will cover the various scenarios for current users.

Mark

I still use the products I paid for. But I can no longer recommend any DxO product in good faith, and I do not believe that PhotoLab will be a viable product moving forward unless DxO changes course dramatically.

3 Likes

A small point here, Mark. I don’t speak for DxO, nor do I pretend to (and I’m not addressing issues of deals & pricing here, which I see have upset many) … however;

Advertised claims for ability to work with RAW files are made in the context of Nik Collection 2 - - which includes PhotoLab, which is a RAW converter … So, it’s actually not misleading - - even tho it may be confusing to some of us who have previously known these as quite different tool-sets.

John M

I disagree. It is misleading for anyone familiar with Google’s version and DXO’s version 1. It implies that the Nik Collection, as understood by a wide audience, is now capable of applying edits to raw files, presumably either through a database or sidecar files.

On the Nik Collection Home page it says,
“THE MOST POWERFUL PHOTO EDITING PLUGINS FOR ADOBE PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM”

Scroll down to the “WHAT’S NEW?” section and it says,
" EDITS RAW FILES WITH U POINT
You can now apply U Point exclusive local adjustment technology to RAW files giving photographers more versatility and creative possibilities."

There is nothing about the raw editing only being available in PhotoLab or the fact that LR and PS plugin users can’t take advantage of that. I’ve had to explain that to a number of people on other forums who use the Nik Collection as a plug-in and were ready to purchase version 2 assuming the apps would now allow them to further process their raw files from Lightroom. They were less then pleased when I had to explain what was actually meant and the export to the plug-ins would still have to be tiffs or jpegs.

I can only imagine the anger of those who purchased this upgrade for it raw processing capabilities only to discover things are not as they expected. In" What’s New" they should have been clearer about what was actually meant. They may not have been intentionally misleading, but it was misleading nonetheless. Frankly I can’t understand how DXO’s staff could not have realized the confusion it would cause and the ensuing backlash. It took me all of 5 seconds when I read the “What’s New” to understand that it would easily mislead anyone reading it.

Mark

2 Likes