PL 5 crash

I was using PL 5, adjusting the Selective Tone sliders when I got a pop-up saying that PL had stopped working. The pop-up promised to create a crash report, but that never happened in the next five minutes so I killed PL. PL 5 log file attached.

DxO.PhotoLab.txt (823.1 KB)

Hello!

Thank you. We will investigate. Could you, please, provide us with that image +sidecar.

And one more question, are you able to reproduce it again?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

The issue hasn’t happened again. I’ve handled and process several hundred images about the time the crash happened and afterwards. I see quite a number of errors and warnings in the log file I sent; how do I ID the image/sidecar from the log I sent you?

Good morning @jch2103 ,

No need in the image anymore. We’ll analyze the pattern already.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

PL 5 crashes continually on my MBP. have been waiting a week since sending log file. When I ask for status, I am told that I reset my ticket in the queue so I cannot ask for status. Then today I get email that DXO is closing my ticket for lack of a reply.

@sgospodarenko - Looks like this one is for you.

Just upgraded from PL 4Elite to PL 5Elite.
PL 5 stops working when trying he settings of the denoise widget.

GPU is nVidia 2060, CPU is i7 10th generation. Machine is a MSI Leopard. running on W10.
All drivers are up to date

Good morning and welcome to the forum,

• MBP = MacBook Pro? If yes, please create a separate post for this crash in Mac section.
  • Could you, please, provide us with your logs or crash report first:
    Crash files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 crashes
    Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 logs)?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I am not able to add an attachment as this seems to limited for new users.

Please, upload them via upload.dxo.com

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Did as requested and not seen any reply since, however DXO PL5 still crashing.

Thank you. We’ve received your files and they are being investigated.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @tnbroekstra,

As far as I can see, your graphics drivers are not up to date:

• August 2021 for your NVIDIA GPU while latest studio or game ready driver is from 10th November
  • January 2020 for your Intel GPU driver while latest version is from 11th November 2021

Please update both and check if you still reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,
Drivers are now up-to-date. The crash is still occuring.
I have mailed the latest crashreports.

I just installed the latest driver (496.76)
Problem is still there, it occures when I switch to deepPRIME. This makes DXO PL5 crashing.
In DXO PL4 this hasn’t happend once.

Tino

Hello @tnbroekstra,

Does it happen on any image when using DeepPRIME loupe?
Could you also upload one of such image with its dop file and let me know once it’s ready?
Does it also happen if you choose another device for DeepPRIME acceleration in advanced preferences ? Please note that PL needs to be restarted to take into account such change.

Best regards,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

As long as I don’t use the denoise option, all is going fine. Every other step in the workflow doesn’t cause a crash.
The strange is, when DxO has crashed, it will do so until I select another folder. Then all is going well until I try to denoise through Deepprime.
There is no dop file because DxO is crashing before finishing.

DxO 4 didn’t have this problem.

Hello @tnbroekstra,

Do you mean any denoising option or only DeepPRIME?

Do you reproduce by applying DxO Standard preset then only enabling loupe with DeepPRIME? If so, just uploading one of the image causing the issue would be enough.

Did you already try this?

Best regards,
Lucas

Sorry I did answered this, but yes. I have selected both my Intel graphics adapter and the nVidia adapter.

It is happening with both devices.

Could you upload an image with which you reproduce the issue using upload.dxo.com then let me know once done?

Best regards,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,
I just uploaded an image through the form you mentioned in your previous post.

Kind regards,

Tino