I’m a new DxO Photolab user (for about a week). I had been using Lightroom for 8 years prior. Here are my thoughts:
- Wow, the Lens Sharpness (sharpening) and Prime Noise Reduction is just incredible. It puts Lightroom to shame.
- I enjoy using DxO. I didn’t with Lightroom.
- It’s nice not having to use a catalog.
- I’m re-doing a lot of my old Raw files in DxO that i had previously done in Lightroom. Every single time when i compare the results the DxO versions are so much better.
- Editing an image in DxO is a lot faster.
- No subscription
- I wish there was a way to nudge the crop rectangle left/right or up/down by a pixel at a time, i.e with the arrow keys.
- I wish with the automatic healing tool that if it samples from an area that doesn’t give a good result that you could tell it to chose an alternative source.
Those are my initial thoughts after a week of testing.