How many of you uses a big or dualscreen mode and hoe many is working on tablet/laptop?

Hi, welcome.
Same as me.
I think most people who are home users are keeping a old screen when they bought a new one in the periode that the pc isn’t renewed.
Profesional /office users who are getting a dual setup then both are new and the old screen is replaced.
Just curious,
How do you use DxOPL’s workspace?
One screen for dxo and a second usage on the other?
Or the tools on screen two and image on the first?

For me, it’s the Image Browser on the smaller screen, and the image itself with left and right docks on the larger one. I would be happy to move the left dock to the smaller screen, and keep the right dock on the larger one, but it does not seem to be possible to me.

24" EIZO and i7 WIN

Hi @asok,
Thanks for your feedback.
It’s true that an even more customizable workspace would be useful in some cases, like yours. Right now, PhotoLab doesn’t allow you to move the left (or right) dock on a second screen, but you achieve basically the same result by dragging out all of your palettes contained in your left dock and put them on your second monitor. Then you just close the empty dock on your main display and you’re done. :wink:
PS/ and for the future, we’ll try to come up with an improved, even more flexible workspace.

Steven L.

2 Likes

I’m using an ACER 34" wide screen (PA34VC) which is not 4K but 3440x1440
It works very very well.

BenQ SW271 at 3840 x 2160, driven by Nvidia RTX 2070 Super. Works great.
Regards Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

1 Like

i think it’s fitted in a beast of a Desktop no wonder it

:rofl:

So one screen at 4k UHD like your normal TV would be. Are you watching your images also on your TV set? (so pc and 4kUHD TV is showing the same quality) or are you professional printing and delivering to customers?

I use dual screens. My main screen is 30 inches (for just the image) and my other screen is smaller.

I certainly wish DXO PL supported dual screens where everythiig except the image was on the smaller/non calibrated screen and just the image appeared on the Larger screen.

Even the free Nikon View NX-i allows for this to happen with one simple click to a symbol on the top toolbar. I cannot understand if Nikon does this (and its software is not the best) why DXo PL does not allow it (with one click). I do know that you can move things aroundmbut the process is not that user friendly.

@OXiDant. Yes, quite a beast, definitely (much) more than DxO PL can use. I’m not sure if it is that PL can’t utilize many cores / threads (I have 12 / 24) or it’s the GPU that isn’t used too well. Some things are blistering fast, others more like my old iMac running LightRoom V6.15.
I don’t use my TV for photo work other than I every now and then create a screensaver from my printed images. Just for the fun of it I sometimes run it on my 55" UHD set, but the files being reduced to JPEG at around 1 MB they are best watched on my 15" laptop at 1920 x 1080.
Regards Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

Great idea to extend to the second screen, rather than having a bunch of floating palettes. Simple, but I didn’t think of that. Works great.

1 for me: 15,6" Laptop Screen plus 24" Eizo CS2420, 1920 x 1200. Extended screen (vertically).

HP ZBook 15 with 4K DreamColor, often as a singe Monitor. Sometimes with the 27 HP EliteDisplay WHQD in the DualScreen Mode.

Very interesting! But now I would like to know: what is your max. size you are printing?
I print 11x14", 12x16", 12x18" and max. 12x24" with a Canon Pro 100

Hi welcome to the forum.
If you ask me, well, almost never. :wink: Don’t know why probably nobody ask me to print anything.
Most of my images i took are considered as “snapshots” and amateurshots, no selling stuff and i haven’t a lot of images hanging on the wall either.

I use a FHD tv screen if i like to watch images.

Thanks for the welcome, Peter.
My wife loves my pictures and so all the walls of the house are full with pictures. I am not a professional and sold only a few pictures. PhotoLab 3 is my favorite editing software.

Are you often mobile?
Come to think of it,
Most hotels are suited with a TV at the room and they grow bigger due low cost, most have hdmi ports and such now.
So when you out there with the laptop you can connect with a cable to the tv for closer view or bigger look.
:blush:

I’m on two screens both MAC and W10 use it for all sort of software from about 2008. For DxO actually I’ve started from optix pro 8

I get the expensive Laptop with 100% AdobeRGB to use a cheap TV in Hotel? Hm… And I am often „mobile“ also at home, if working table is busy :smile:.

iMac 27” 5k 2019

LOL, yes not for developing but for culling and reviewing and maybe as second screen.

i claimed a small closet-room and have to be carefull not to bumb my elbo but it’s enough for a desk and desktop with some gear.