How many of you uses a big or dualscreen mode and hoe many is working on tablet/laptop?

I would made a poll if i knew how to make this.

I am used to work on a twoscreen setup and like to use the second screen as dump place for floating toolwindows. Some tools of DxO could be improved in use by having a float - mount back to original place command and resizeable window. Or like Local Adjustments a possible move it out of the way, pop a floating window.
This is only usefull for those who are on multiple screens or a very big one where you can set it to the side. The 21-9 screens are a example of one screen acting as dual screen.

So a small poll,
1 multiple screens
2 big (4k) one’s
3 no i am on single screen laptop don’t have room for floating toolwindows.

I am on dual screen, old 4:3 17" and a newer 23". Everytime i buy a new pc i throw the oldes away and place the new screen as primary.

I have a single 28" (70 cm) 4K monitor.

Mark

Do you use it as one big screen or as a big window and some smaller around?
Devided it in three sections?

Single screen, 27in 5k (iMac)

Eizo CG2420 main display which self-calibrates
Wacom Cintiq 16 touch screen as secondary display
Arranged so that the desktop extends to the secondary display
Windows 10
NVIDEA GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card

Single screen, 27inch 5K (iMac)

1. I have a big 32" 4K Eizo screen and I use it as one big monitor with my program or app running maximized.

For PhotoLab I use it full screen.

Mark

I have a big 32" 4K and a smaller 28" 2K screen.
The 28 "screen is only for the image browser…

I have a single 24", 16:10 aspect ratio, monitor. I would love to attach a second monitor so I could float the palettes on to that. The problem is not hardware, it’s domestic :grinning:

stuck

3 Likes

w.i.f.e.?
That’s why i have two different screens, i buy a new one every new pc. and as with TV’s bigger every time :joy:
DELL P2314H (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL E178FP (1280x1024@60Hz)

i am thinking ahead for when i buy a new system, why would i need a 4k? and most are 27" or bigger at 400,- euro or higher. and a non 4k but 1440p (quad HD) is 299,-
i almost need a bigger desk!
I am not in “the business” so the photorealcolor calibrated highend screens arn’t justifiable.

Working with my 23" as main screen it’s crowed with dxopl’s workpalette on the sides and i use my second as a dump place for webpag. andfoldersearching.
Because floatingcommand isn’t returning with docking command on the same spot, annoying, i am seldom use it. i mostly “close” tabs/palettes by hand and hide filmstrip when i need a bigger “view”

The Bigscreen workers, special the 4K one’s are having a much smaller letter/graphics and thus less % of the screen filled with the tools and other pallettes, ergo more room for the actual image. and it’s covering more image on 1:1 (my camera is 16Mp so nearly 4K native)
On the other hand you need a big 32" to read the words without a loupe :wink:

So if most are using a FHD twoscreen setup or a bigggg profi screen then DxOstaff can fix the workspace setup with some new tricks:

• float/dock in same origin place and size. (so i can hit float for a bigger view and it float towards my second screen wile “dock” is placing it back on the original spot and size.)
  • A close all palettes to default button, (you can in and out on workspace to do so but hence a simple button to get this would be great.)

(curious how many are working with a spread out floating palettes setup. lots have there workingspace personalized
But only a few are using a twoscreen setup.

1 Like

Single screen; DELL U2412M with unusual ratio: 1920x1200 … which is great for working with PL.

John M

Single screen LG 2750 with color calibration and HD resolution 1920x1080.

When I tried to add under Win 10 a second monitor, it was a disaster.
First attempt: a smaller resolution CRT addition scrambled the icons on the main HD monitor.
Second attempt: a same resolution 24" HD monitor also scrambled the icons and stretched the background image to 3840x1080 pixel, looks awful. ( in the WIn XP and 7 it was allowed to designate separate background images to each monitor. In Win 10 it is not supported anymore.)
Third attempt: add a 4k touchscreen monitor in Extended mode. The worst solution. The TeamViwer images shrink on both monitor to 1/4 size, impossible to read the remote PC content, not configurable anymore; till the next Win 10 restart - without 4k monitor connected. The touch screen function on the main screen active only, in spite of the secondary screen has touch screen capability. I GAVE UP.

Endre

P.S.: I’ve chosen an LG TV, because its color fidelity is usable for photo editing, meanwhile in the top right corner sometimes I can watch TV in the background. It is simple comfort factor. On the other hand, the TVs having more input connector than only monitors. I have 2 HDMI, one SCART and one VGA for other PC connections.

Sounds as something i need to be keen on when buying a new screen.
:slightly_smiling_face:

If getting multiple screens, I would recommend a multi-screen desktop stand that is VESA compatible.
For example:

Others are available

I have a Wacom Cintiq which works create in desktop extend mode. It’s the 16 inch version, I wish I had bought the next size up :sob:

I use a Dell M4800 mobile workstation with a 15.6 inch screen. I packed up all my desktop gear last year to make room in our downsized house we bought after retirement.

27 inch QHD (2560x1440), Win 10 at 100% scaling. Best compromise as you still get a decent size of image when viewing say web photos around 1,000 pix at 100% without having to use 200%+ enlargement.

Two screens - a Dell U2414H which is my main screen, and a Dell E207WFP which is my secondary screen. When using PhotoLab in “Customsie mode” my dual screen setup is to have only the image on the main screen - with all palettes, and the filmstrip, on the secondary screen.

1 Like

Dual monitors–NEC for the primary screen and ASUS for secondary.

Single 32 inch