A thread for us to share presets!

I love the Engrave preset but with no amount of adjusting can i get the image to remain in colour and retain the engraved effect . Anyone give me a clue please?

I don’t know why you would want to do that because, in my opinion, it looks pretty rough…

All I did was turn off the FilmPack colour rendering and the Style toning settings.

2 Likes

Hello,
or you remove only the Color rendering and play a liitle bit with the channel mixer :grinning:

engraved Ori

Original Raw

2 Likes

Although I agree in general with @Joanna l think using a color engraved preset successfully may depend on the specific image. I think this one is an appropriate example. However, I do think the color gave the her train station a very interesting look even though it may not seem as obviously engraved…

Mark

Color Engraved

B&W Engraved

Converted unedited raw file.

1 Like

Thank you all. It definitely works better on some images than others so thank you for the examples especially @mwsilvers for the seaside shot. @Joanna I actually quite like your picture.

Thanks for the engraved preset, it’s really nice. Here a color version:

2 Likes

I suspect it was just me being slow again but it seems that the engraved preset doesn’t work properly unless you have Film Pack. Is that right?

Certainly now that I have Film Pack I seem to be getting better results from this preset.

stuck

i particualy like this “drawing” would you be so kind to share this one?

@mwsilvers your two tone (grey and color) is also a great option.

1 Like

Actually it wasn’t two tone, It was full color, but the original was mostly shades of blue/gray on a very cloudy early evening in the summer.

Mark.

Here is my modified engraved preset. I tweaked the original a little to have a little more black,enabled color and lowered saturation
Engraved Color.preset (7,9 KB)

4 Likes

Yes !

works…thanks

Hmm, I can’t get this to show in PL3 (on Win 10 v2004). I’ve tried:

1. using the import option in the preset editor
  2. pasting it directly into:
    C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Local\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 3\Presets

Any other suggestions?

stuck

do you own filmpack elite?
afbeelding

thanks great fun!

if you are using the advanged contrast sliders to the right +75% then the “drawing” look increases.
Your color version is a great startingpoint.

No idea, I am using PL4 with filmpack elite but I am not so expert, I’ve been using it for a week

Thanks to for the hint.
The preset is just this, a starting point, then I think it should be customized for each image.

1 Like

I removed most of the vignette and the result on this antique car reminded me of auto illustrations in magazine advertisements from the 1930’s and 1940’s.

Mark

5 Likes

Yes and I have no problem with the original engraved preset, that is listed the preset editor in PL3. The colour version though will not show in PL3, even though the file is in the correct folder on my PC.

@sgospodarenko Does this mean presets created with PL4 are not backward compatible with PL3?

stuck

Meanwhile, by starting from the original engraved preset and:

1. reducing ClearView Plus
  2. reducing Vibrancy and Saturation
  3. resetting Color Rendering to Generic / Camera default
  4. turning off Style - Toning

I have a colour version that seems to be a good starting point.

stuck