A thread for us to share presets!

Hi @RexBlock,

maybe I missunderstood…but you said “…like the line drawn portraits such as …”, so I thought you have an example for an portrait :question:

best regards

Guenter

Okay you guys have already noticed that the preset doesn’t work for portraits. Here is a shot that I used a variation of the preset(not much wood-carving left after I got through with it) that I feel works for an high-key portrait.

This was originally shot on film about 1996 and scanned to JPEG a couple of years ago. I used the Topaz JPEG to RAW program to get a better file to work with then used PL3 and the wood-carving preset and played with it til I liked it to get the previous image. Here is my preset if anyone would like to play with it.
High Key Portrait.preset (7.8 KB)
Note that some of the settings that I used were specific to my image so you may have to shut some adjusts off and you may have to move the center of the vignette around to fit with your image.

6 Likes

Hi Mark,

I like it a lot. Very cool effect.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I was never happy with that shot until now. I have no idea where she is now but I wish I could show it to her. She liked it at the time but I think she would like the new version better. Hope so anyway.

Beautiful, thank you Mark. :star_struck:

Thanks Guido, I appreciate it very much!

I’ve changed the URL of my repository of shared presets. They are now located at https://github.com/calle2010/PhotoLabPresets and work for PL3 and PL4.

Also I’ve aded one very simple color preset for Autumn Colors.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

A quick test of the Autumn Colors preset (Uniformity slider set at -40):

Before

After

2 Likes

Great example, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Does anyone has a “Food -preset”?
Sometimes i take a shot at food. (no i don’t kill animals myself i mean by camera… :blush:)

i know there are some “enhancement rules” in food pict’s.
vibrance, contrast, saturation.

bad example but hence my son’s pic.
Does any one has a kind of preset for this foody image’s?

It has been two years since you shared your Engraved preset for PhotoLab. I want to let you know I just stumbled upon it yesterday and tried it on a photo. It’s a fantastic preset. Thank you VERY much!

3 Likes

Just built a new system, forgot to load the presets!

Leys Farm near Huddersfield, Yorkshire, UK

3 Likes

Encore engraved preset.

7 Likes

A sort of Orton Effect partial preset…

Orton Effect.preset (1,7 Ko)

Before…

After…

8 Likes

Orton effect à la Joanna. I love it.
High water in Rhine near Lobith today.

I love the Engrave preset but with no amount of adjusting can i get the image to remain in colour and retain the engraved effect . Anyone give me a clue please?

I don’t know why you would want to do that because, in my opinion, it looks pretty rough…

All I did was turn off the FilmPack colour rendering and the Style toning settings.

2 Likes

Hello,
or you remove only the Color rendering and play a liitle bit with the channel mixer :grinning:

engraved Ori

Original Raw

2 Likes

Although I agree in general with @Joanna l think using a color engraved preset successfully may depend on the specific image. I think this one is an appropriate example. However, I do think the color gave the her train station a very interesting look even though it may not seem as obviously engraved…

Mark

Color Engraved

B&W Engraved

Converted unedited raw file.

1 Like

Thank you all. It definitely works better on some images than others so thank you for the examples especially @mwsilvers for the seaside shot. @Joanna I actually quite like your picture.