Wrong camera in Color Rendering tool

In a perfect world that would be nice. Tell me what software is free of quirks and inconsistencies.

Mark

That is certainly true. But Adobe and Phase 1 have also been around for a very long time. Are you suggesting their software has no issues? I was a software development manager and understand the pressures of getting a product to market. Often design decisions are made that don’t please everyone. minor bugs remain unfixed, etc. I try to focus more on big things that are being done really well rather than a few minor annoyances. In the case of the Color Rendering tool, I have never even thought of it as an issue…

Mark

1 Like

Because that’s a generic version of the camera body (in many cases, a grouping of like models - not specific models) - - and not necessarily exactly the same as any specific camera’s actual rendering.

See here for more on this - - Note the observation by @Egregius/Greg.

John

Edit: I’ve just encountered an actual case-in-point (reinforcing my point);

• I have a Sony a7 iii
  • The rendering group for this body was the “Sony a68, A7 III ~group - but, it’s been moved !!
  • It’s now in the “Sony A7 III, A7Cgroup … this probably happened with the recent 4.2.1 update.
  • Now, the rendering for the “Sony a68, A7 III ~group is very slightly different from the “Sony A7 III, A7Cgroup … and this new model-generic group is actually more accurate than before (I can tell this because it’s the same as Camera Default Rendering).

Edit#2: The grouping for my Olympus OM-D E-M1 III has been moved around too - also with results (for the new grouping in which it now resides) now closer to the actual rendering for this body.

@George

Attention between the generic rendering according to DxO (default) and the standard rendering according to the brand’s criteria.

Pascal

See
http://tuto.dxo.free.fr/EN/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#B16_Le_Rendu_des_couleurs
Cette pages existe aussi en français.