I believe a feature that doesn’t get much attention is the ability to choose the Color Rendering Profile for your images. If you are a Film Pack Elite customer, you can also pick from a list of Camera Manufacturer and Body combinations. It is similar to the Adobe Camera Profiles but less visible in the interface.
Example: I can use the Canon R5 color rending profile for my Nikon cameras. The possibilities here are endless. I believe this also offers a great way to compare stock Camera Manufacturer rendering of colors (and the evolution since different generations tend to have different color and tonality settings).
Some of my tips:
- Neutral colors, Neutral tonality preset is good for further post-processing with other applications
- Neutral colors, Neutral tonality v2 preset is good if you like neutral and accurate colors with some tonality (but still not much saturation)
- Leica M9 preset is good for a more satured look with good skintones. I advice this one if you want to quickly share your images out to friends/family/social.
- Fuji GFX preset is good for a natural look with some tonality
- Latest Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Nikon looks depending on your preference (pick the one for the latest body: so the one for Z7, Canon R5, Panasonic S1 or Sony A7R Mark IV
A great use of this functionality is to get a unified look across several generation/brands of camera bodies based on your preferences. I also believe that simply selecting the right Color Rendering profile can save you tons of time in post-processing since your bed will be made for you.
What are your favorite Color Rendering presets? And why?