VP4 Reshape Tool not functioning

When trying to use the Reshape tool in stand-alone, as soon as I click and move a control point, I get the message “Image cannot be processed with current parameters” so is unusable. And when using Reshape in PL6 I get the “Full preview in progress” with the pulsing dots, but nothing ever transpires it will sit that way until I shut down the Reshape function. I’ve contacted support and get the boilerplate response of we cannot duplicate that problem at our end. Is there something that I’m doing wrong? Or has anyone else run across this behaviour?

Hi Paul and welcome,

I’ve never heard of anything like that before. What kind of file are you trying to reshape(jpg, tiff, RAW, mRAW, sRAW, png, etc.)?

Just a JPG in stand-alone, JPG and raw in PL6 and there are no other changes being made other than auto lens correction, and I’ve shut that down just keep things simple and still get the same results. Not the end of the world, but I am disappointed. I’ll convert a file to tiff and see how that works out.

No joy using TIFF files either.

What platform(Mac or Win) are you using? What are the specs of your CPU and GPU? Do they meet these minimum requirements?

Yes all minimum requirements are covered and then some, as a matter of fact CPU usage while using reshape in PL6 is less than 2% same in stand-alone. All other aspects of VP4 work flawlessly. When using more CPU intensive apps like Luminar Neo there is no problem. Go figure. Will try to update video drivers if necessary and see where that leads.

Yes, that’s always a good idea. If that doesn’t work then open a support ticket a support.dxo.com and let the real experts take a look at it.

Appears I’ve got the latest drivers. So I’ll try support again, thank you for taking the time to post. And for what it’s worth, the Liquify tool in Affinity Photo works flawlessly.