User assigned keyboard shortcuts

Went into the forum’s basement storage :smiley: (did a search for shortcut and this was the first result).

I would really like to see this happen. Much more than universal file support, for which free tools exist for an intermediary step for those who need it. So would rather see resources allocated to implement something like this which would likely benefit every user.

Also it’s time to prepare for the thread’s 5 year anniversary soon – relative to how long it has taken to not implement yet and considering planning of:

“5 Years of Requesting Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts Summer Festival”

Meet up @Joanna 's place and do a party procession ending at DxO HQ - surely they will have to provide customizable keyboard shortcuts then.

I’m not sure what the average age of participants is but the pedestrian route to DxO from here to DxO is almost 500km and is estimated to take over 110 hours. And that is in an almost straight line. Although, at my current walking pace, it might take considerably longer, what with all the food and rest stops on the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If we get enough people together, likely to get a good deal on mobility scooters and pimp them with boom boxes.

It would be cool if the did release on overhaul that allows us to customize shortcuts. Though on the other hand they would also have to make it possible to assign shortcuts to more functions. Like key combination+number sets a value to specific amount (again customisable by user).

Had a look the options mentioned here and there couldn’t find any third party tools to solve the issue. If anyone is using any tools that don’t require the same amount of knowledge to use that you need to re-code the interface, please share.

1 Like

Are there less than 100 active PhotoLab users who also visit the forum?

How can it be that only 74 have voted for this over a period of five years?

Even if I add the votes from related threads that were set-up by people who hadn’t found this one yet, it’s still less then 100 :open_mouth:

Are there less than 100 PhotoLab users overall?

I have been here since 2017 but have no particular interest in hotkeys. Except for one or two they do not fit comfortably into my workflow. I also note that there are a number of other very long-term users of PhotoLab that have not voted for this enhancement.

The reason I have not voted is that DXO addresses so few significant updates / new enhancements per year to PhotoLab,. There are so many more important things that need to be addressed in that very limited number and I don’t want DxO wasting development time on less critical enhancements.

If DXO were able to regularly address enhancements from the huge and growing backlog of new feature requests and feature updates I would be happy to vote for this particular request even though It is something that I would not use very often myself.

Unfortunately there are literally dozens and dozens of more important things that have been on the backlog for years. Every couple of years at most one or two of them get addressed.

Mark

3 Likes