Updated FilmPack 5 Elite Color Negative Partial Presets

It might be easier for you to start again and do it the “easy” way suggested by @Pieloe .

All that happened when you created a new preset group was that PL created a new folder with that name in the DxO Presets folder…

(In English, that reads [your home folder]/Library/DxO PhotoLab v4/Presets)

If you can’t see the Library folder, follow the instructions here to reveal it either temporarily or permanently.

Now, make sure that PL is closed and use Finder to do the following:

• double-clicking on the zip file will unzip it and the enclosed folder will appear…

Capture d’écran 2021-01-23 à 08.12.15

• Double-click on the folder to give you a finder window with the contents, which should be the four folders that contain the presets…

• open a second Finder window and arrange the two windows so you can see both the Presets folder and the folder where you unzipped the file you downloaded
  • delete the Mike Testing folder from the Presets folder
  • drag the four folders from the unzipped folder to the Presets folder…

Reopen PL and you should see that the new “preset groups” have been added to the preset editor…

Capture d’écran 2021-01-23 à 08.18.22

Now, when you drop down the Presets button at the top right of the screen, you should see the new preset groups there…

Unfold one of those to reveal previews of your current image for all the film types in that group…

4 Likes

Not today, but this coming week I will follow your instructions step by step. Strangely, it all seems to make sense to me - it almost sounds “intuitive”. Thanks for the “step by step” instructions.

Just one question/suggestion - the next time somebody wants to do the same thing, and isn’t sure how to do so, how will they ever find what you’ve just written? Brilliant information like what we’re seeing here deserves to be placed in some kind of “help database” for anyone using PL4. …something for you (and DxO) to think about.

Back to me, I would prefer to concentrate on one thing at a time. This weekend’s project is to set up my Workspaces, based on what I’ve just learned.

The way I see it, this feedback forum is a searchable help database. I’ve used it that way. Not ideal, I suppose, but better than some other product support sites I’ve used.

2 Likes

That might explain my current problem. Yes, I un-zipped them, and got the two files. I have. copied them into the “Workspaces” folder, but the finder shows they look very different from the three workspaces currently saved there.

Correct, I’m not that comfortable with the Mac, and I try not to do things that are way over my head.

According to “Get info”, my Mike.dopworkspace is an 11 KB document.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 15.45.36

Thanks so much for these presets, they are extremely useful and a much faster way of applying them to a photo than the native PL4 method. Thanks again.

QUESTION: I should ask, is it possible to create, and if so has anyone created, presets for all of the various camera bodies that appear in PL4? For example, I might be shooting with a Canon but under the colour tab - colour rendering - camera body tab I might instead apply one of the Leica body profiles to my picture. Has anyone created presets that reflect those various camera bodies?

Many thanks

To the best of my knowledge no one has created those presets. Other than selecting one of the camera profiles, what else would you want the preset to do? If nothing else, then it is just as easy to just select the camera from the list when you need it. If however, you will be using a specific camera much of the time than I suggest creating new preset based on DXO Standard and add the camera of your choice to it.

Mark…

Got it, thanks Mark.