Unable to delete virtual copies

I created a copy, it will not delete (Shift Del) created a 2nd one and it sits there un delectable as well, any ideas?

What version are you using? This was a bug but has been fixed now in PL3.2.1. It only happens if you have opened a file from Finder before starting DxO but not if DxO is already open when you open the file.

Latist version, but I sorted it now. I found what I wanted in my DAM and so it was an external seletion. I am not cleare why that would stop copies being deleted but it clearly does.

Hello @John7,

It was always impossible to delete either an image or virtual copy from an external selection. There is a task in our backlog to remove this limitation.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Are you sure? As I said, it works here in PL3.2.1 for Mac

Yes, I am. On Windows there is a limitation and the user can’t remove the image or virtual copy, it was always like that. But we are going to change it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thank you! This was a big help.

1 Like

I don’t understand the problem. I can delete a virtual copy both with with Shift-Del as with the mouse. What am I missing?
Win10,PL3.

George

Have you tried to remove it from “External selections”? :wink:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I don’t know what you mean with “external selections”. I just create and delete.

George

Dear George,

Here is the “External selections” section:

DxO.PhotoLab_99mNK9gv4h

it appears as soon as you export an image from a different app for instance.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks. Now I understand the second post of John7.

George

1 Like