Tutorial PhotoLab 5

I am very proud to present a new website dedicated to DxO PhotoLab.

Based on a previous version, the new responsive version is adapted to all web reading devices.
The team has grown to offer an enriched content.

Tips and tricks to make you all PhotoLab experts
It’s also the beginner public in photo processing that is more particularly targeted.

I let you discover

There is still content to put online

Il y a aussi une version en français

Pascal

37 Likes

Congratulations, Pascal … This is an impressive achievement !

(I thought you had been strangely quiet for a while … you’ve obviously hard at work)

Regards, John M

5 Likes

Pascal - wow!! Thank you

4 Likes

Félicitations Pascal pour ce nouveau site au look super et au contenu approprié pour sa cible.

Excellent travail.

Patrick.

3 Likes

Fantastic. I look forward to having your site open on my iPad while I go through the tutorials on my computer. Thank you for all your hard work to benefit DxO PL and NIK users.

2 Likes

Excellent and comprehensive guide = Congratulations​ to all involved

1 Like

Dear Pascal,

thanks a lot for all the work and the implementation…great stuff.

I would like to post a link by Eizo, maybe it’s helpfull for all starting with colour management
EIZO practical expertise | Colour management for photographers

best regards

Guenter

3 Likes

Done :smiley:
Thanks Guenterm

Dear all
I am waiting for the interesting links :wink:
Pascal

2 Likes

Fine,
This is a big step forward. The user will not feel having been left alone with the software. It can be used for training as well as help file during use.
A big thank you!

2 Likes

Hi,
I am very happy to see that PL5 will now support the conversion of Fuji RAW files.
Is there a tutorial that guides new users as to best way to process these images in PL5 or do I just treat them as normal RAW files.
This may be the solution to the problems that I have experienced with Adobe and other software inducing artefacts into the output from Fuji RAW files.

The text in the two posts by new user @jknights seems appropriate and respectful. Why were they flagged and hidden?

Mark

Sure.
Opening a new thread with a clear title would be appropriate and efficient !?
Pascal

2 Likes

Pascal,

Often people post about things that might be more appropriate in a different thread or in a new one. He is a new member and shouldn’t be punished for that. I don’t recall seeing this before. There must be a different reason.

Mark .

1 Like

Thanks Pascal for the Tips and Tricks.

Just in case this is misstated and you’d like to fix it, this is one of the things you wrote for DeepPrime under category “Noise Reduction”. I suspect you omitted the word ‘not’ which should probably go in front of ‘recommended’.

“It wanted to keep the value 40 as a reference for DeepPRIME but its application is smoother and recommended.”

Thanks for you comment B.

The terms are correct.
40, is the target value for DxO.
With 40 for DeepPRIME is less aggressive than 40 for PRIME.
In other words, the default value (40) for DeepPRIME is a good choice.

Pascal

1 Like

Okay, Pascal. I’ve seen others have suggested that 40 was way too much smoothing, and they recommended a much lower Luminance setting. Previously, I usually left that Luminance at the default for High Quality and Prime exports, so it didn’t even occur to me that I could use it to change the results from DeepPrime exports.

But for a few photos I had used DeepPrime for (at default Luminance of 40), some did appear over-smoothed. So I was happy to read here in the forum that a Luminance setting somewhere in the teens was better for them. That brought to my attention to being able to use the Luminance slider to adjust the smoothing in DeepPrime. And, so, now I typically do set it somewhere at 19 or lower for less smoothing (I’ll keep my eye on this though, because higher than 19 might be appropriate for some photos).

1 Like

The most important variable is the shooting equipment used.
Pascal

2 Likes

Merci Pascal pour ce travail considérable !

1 Like

Hi
Really nice site and the tutorials looks great - wish i could understand French…
Thanks and good luck

1 Like