Trouble with corrupted images

Seeing the same issue in Ps on iMac with 32 gig. The workaround above works - sort of - but only if you duplicate the layer. The app is still as slow as molluscs and you can see the screen being redrawn as the sliders are moved. Also why does HDR Efex work differently to the rest of the suite when used as a Lr plugin? That said, HDR Efex does work reasonably well in Lr.

I just tried this on a single layer Tiff, unchecked the GPU box, and applied. And the problem is worse than with it.
on a drone pano I had 4 boxes with GPU, and now there are 6ā€¦

I found a way around it in my systemā€¦ Iā€™m running Mac Big Sur, updated Photoshop, and updated Nikā€¦ hereā€™s is what solved it for meā€¦ starting in Lightroom - edit the DNG in Photoshop, goto Image->Mode->32 Bit/Channel, then Filter->Nik Collection->HDR Efex Pro 2 - it loads - then in HDR Efex go to SETTINGS->GPU->Use GPU for image processing - turn off - uncheckā€¦ YMMVā€¦ good luck.

DXO -Seriously?? Where are you guys?
This problem has been going on since the last update.
You could at least respond to people if youā€™re working on the problem- or not.
Let us know if we should drop the product. That you have given up.
There are posts here going back to last spring.
WTFā€¦

Hmm. Did a quick test on 1 image. Seemed to work. Slow & clunky this way, but no artifacts.
Iā€™ll have to test it out on more images. Appreciate the tip.

LR Classic v10.11
Photoshop v22.1.1
MacBook Pro 2019-16" w/32Gb ram
OS Catalina v10.15.7

My previous test was on the last update 10.15.5- not sure if that made any difference.

I also have the same issue when using HDR effect single image via Photoshop. However I have just tried using HDR effect single image directly and it works fine. Therefore it may well be an Adobe problem.

Any thoughts

This is March 4, 2021. I have been having the same problem with HDR and sometimes with Silver Effects. I have updated my MacBook Pro to Big and the problem persists.

It is very frustrating as I can use the product reliably.

Terry

Hopefully I can be added to this list of users with issues.
I updated to Big Sur and found HDR Efex Pro was causing corrupted images.
Found some stuff online suggesting an uninstall/re-install.

Like most of you here Iā€™m now caught in the 'This Version of Nik Collection requires MacOS 10.7 or newer in order to proceed with the installation process. ā€™ issue.

Managed to download installer again and it installed fine but unfortunately HDR Efex Pro is still causing blocky corruption on my images.

Hoping this can be resolved ASAP

I got a reply from DXO support, which I am sharing with you. I followed instructions, and it solved the problem. Thank you support team!

Please do the following.

Please disable GPU for image processing in the Nik Collection. You can do this in HDR Efex Pro and try to reproduce the issue.
[copy and paste graphic]
https://dxolabs.zendesk.com/attachments/token/C2AQccgNkcl76MclPXR5OBLqC/?name=inline870831741.png

If this does not work, please try turning off GPU assistance in Adobe Photoshop. There are instructions on how to do this on the Internet.

I did this within the the Nik Collection app itself and within Photoshop.

Hope it solves it for anyone else having this issue.

Terry

1 Like

The method described by Terry1948 works on my system. System is now slower. I processed RAW DNG and NEF files directly from Bridge to HDR Efex Pro. Happy Camper
iMac 27" Late 2013
OS 10.14.6
Photoshop 22.3.0
Bridge 11.0.1.109

I installed Big Sur and am now having the same issue.
I experienced it periodically with Catalina but now itā€™s worse.
I also use Topaz Labs software and when I use HDR adjust, my Mac crashes.
I use a MacBook Pro 16" and Photoshop CC2021.
Went through trouble shooting with Apple and they found nothing on the Mac that could cause the issue.

Thanks this solved the problem.

I am having the same problem as Maggie W. I was just investigating HDR Efex Pro today as I have been doing all my tone mapping in LAB mode. I was looking for an easier way for a friend of mine to do this. I have a very new up to date iMac and just reinstalled NIK software. Just wanted to add my name to the list of dissatisfied customers

I get a corrupted image with squares. Tried your suggestion without success.

Iā€™ve had the same problem as most here. Tried the solution above and it did not work. Sigh! Ive also tried to get a response from DXO and not a peep.

I have the same ā€œBoxesā€ problem with the HDR Effects pro 2 the old HDR program. I have a new macbook pro on Big Sir. Frustrated. Jeff

I purchased Nik4 yesterday and am a new (Disapointed) user and have started using HDR Efex today and have had the same problem with large blocks in the image when saving. I tried the option in the settings to disable the GPU and fortunately it has worked with no blocks at all but the downside being that it has made the whole process much slower (Iā€™m willing to put up with it if it cures the problem)
I havenā€™t got a particularly slow system.
27ā€ Imac late 2015. 3.3GHZ Intel I5 32GB RAM. AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB Graphics Card
Big Sur 11.6. PS 22.5.1. LRC 10.4
Iā€™m not too techy but could it be the graphics card although everything else i do regarding image processing works perfectly.
I have Topaz Gigapixel which is pretty intensive and have no problems whatsoever.
Not particularly pleased at having to disable things to make things work especially when nit slows everything up.
Hope this is of some help

Adrian .

Hi! I get the same problem with Nik Collection HDR Efex Pro 2 on Mac Monterey and Photoshop 23.0.0.

1 Like

As well as unticking GPU make sure the first layer is called ā€œBackgroundā€ this worked for me.

Same here only in Photoshop