Time stamp expansion for image --DXO PL4 Elite

In DXO PL4 Elite, ver 4.3.1, windows , Customize screen, I was looking at hummingbird images taken recently. Since I was shooting at high frames per sec and images appeared on more than one card in my Nikon DSLRs I noticed that the time stamp shows ends in a full sec–like 2:01 pm. I had a very difficult time confirming that all of my images got downloaded as I needed more detail than just a full second.

I need to look at a time stamp that shows more detail than this. If I am having this issue with my DSLRs with slower frames rates than faster mirrorless bodies, this problem may only get worse with newer camera bodies.

My free Nikon software shows 13.01.43.83

Is there something I can set in DXo PL4 to show more time details?

Is this a change that needs to be implemented in DXO PL4?

Eversince my folders and pics are structured by “YYYY-MM-DD_PlainText_1234”

• DD = if there was a certain date
  • PlainText = description or event
  • additional mm:ss when using 2 Cameras
  • 1234 = current number (pics only)

Screen Shot 09-18-21 at 10.52 PM

From the screenshot you see, that I used 2 cameras, differentiated by the last 4 digits (= the current numbers from the card).
The same works, when pics happen to have the same time stamp (shown with 102724 = 10:27:24).

The mass renaming is done with an external file managerTotal Commander - home before I start culling [in FastPictureViewer] and working on the pics [in PhotoLab]. – From now on they keep their name resp. might get an extension [ _bw for Black’&White, _prn for the print version ].

Screen Shot 09-18-21 at 11.41 PM

The time stamp is included by metadata hms. I only have to check (and correct manually), that the JPEG- and the RAW-files [I take them both] have gotten the same time stamp, which with fast series is not always the case.

BTW, my Nikon is set to register full 24 hours instead of am / pm. – Maybe that helps.

There is a Subsec time stored in some camera files Exif data which is fractional second of the image capture in milliseconds. I agree it would be useful to use this information. I actually rename my files with a custom script that uses this so the time to the nearest hundredth is in the file name.

But yeah. This is a simple improvement that should be doable.

Please don’t forget to vote for this feature request (at the top of the page) if you want it implemented!

1 Like

Agree! I have exactly the same need and have voted. Only sub-second uniquely identifies an image in a burst.

BTW, I contacted FastRawViewer on this and they are going to implement. It’s already in the beta FastRawViewer 2.0.2 Beta | FastRawViewer

I do use Exiftool to rename my files using the creation date and time included in the exif data.
In case of mutiple images in the same milisecond, Exiftool will add an additional numbering.

In my workflow I first review my images with Fast Raw Viewer and then rename the files I keep.