Support for Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8 FE

I’d really love to get DXO support for the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8 FE on the A7 IV.
It’s a great lens, unfortunately I didn’t check if the lens is supported when I bought it.
I just assumed it was because it is a few years old…
In general, Samyang lenses don’t seem to get a lot of attention from DXO.
They released a few nice prime lenses (also a standard zoom) but they are no option for me since I don’t wanna miss the advanced DXO functions.

You can submit such a request here:

I know, I hoped for a reply like “this module is planned” …

@AttaBoy,
Welcome to the forums. Here’s the problem with that. Each manufacturer uses different tag names in their metadata files. They are also subject to change. This means EXIF data varies greatly between manufacturers. Its not possible to include lens specific information for every camera or lens combination. Even if the data is written into the manufacturer’s RAW file. I own 1 samyang lens, but lets face it, they don’t have that much market share. DxO has limited resources and thankfully do support a large number of manufacturers (body’s and lenses). A recipe or preset can be created for any lens / body combination and applied to a single image or group of photos. If you don’t agree, you can submit a feature request, or poll and put it to a vote. If enough people agree, it might be considered for inclusion in a future release of the software.

@AttaBoy . Wow. Alot of anger here. Like I said before. Submit a feature request and/or put to a vote and see what kind of traction you get.

Happy Holidays