Support for Leica Q2

Hello Marie,

is it possible to provide a timeline on when we can expect support for Leica Q2 DNG format?

Thanks

Hi Marie, can you let us know if you were able to secure a Q2 from Leica? If so, would you be able to comment on the timeline for the Q2’s DNG support? Thanks!

2 Likes

Bonjour,
Je ne comprends pas un tel retard dans la prise en charge du Leica Q2.
Nous somme tous (photographes experts ou professionnels) obligés d’adapter nos flux vers Lightroom, ça qui est extrêmement dommageable pour DxO…
Merci donc de tout faire pour une prise en charge au plus vite…

2 Likes

Too bad, after 8 years as a loyal and satisfied DxO customer, the switch to LR will probably be necessary. 7 month of support for the Q2 has still not taken place.
An image editing only with JPEG files is out of the question for me as an ambitious photographer also for professional users.

It´s unfortunate that DxO drives its customers to such decison.

4 Likes

A support for the Q2 seems to have moved into the far distance, because DxO doesn´t know yet if the Q2 should be supported at all

Last reply from DxO to my question from 06. 10. 19

xxxx (Support & Assistance)

1. Okt., 12:13 nachm. CEST

Guten Tag Herr Spitzer,

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Ob und wann wir die Leica Q2 unterstützen werden, kann ich im Moment nicht sagen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

xxxx - DxO Customer Support

So, we’ll move definitively to Lightroom ! What a pity !

Hi Marie, it had been a while since we heard back from you. Would you let us know if any update on this? Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for my silence.
Unfortunately we haven’t had time to work on DJI Mavic Air :disappointed_relieved:

New cameras appear continuously on the market and we have to give priorities. We are working on reducing delay of support but even that is time consuming.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie, this request was for Leica Q2…

@tae5895, yes sorry :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately it’s the same problem.

Regards,
Marie

I absolutely can’t understand this answer!!! :exploding_head:

This means that for a camera model that has been on the market for about 1/2 year no support can be provided in the foreseeable future, because new models are constantly coming onto the market that now have to be processed with priority

No support for the Leica Q2, no upgrade. The Q2 can not be as exotic as other photo programs consider them in their latest version. I’m glad that I have timely looked at ExposereX5 (formerly Alien Skin Exposure), great program, newcomers from Lightroom should immediately be able to work without any problems with it.

2 Likes

@Marie : What needs to happen for the Leica Q2 to get supported by PhotoLab? Will support for the Q2 get added in 2019?

2 Likes

Hello Marie,

if DxO is no longer interested in providing the support for Q2, for whatever reason, then you should at least have the backbone to communicate this.

Permanent consolations,
"

"
over a period of meanwhile 8 months are not conducive to further confidence

2 Likes

Hi Marie, thank you for clarifying.

Leica Q2 is the only camera that I own. If you guys are not planning to support this camera in near future, I’ll need to move onto another photo processing software.

I In this case, can you let me know how I can get a refund? Thank you.

I was feeling sorry for you guys and blaming DxO only to find out that the Leica Q2 sells for more than its $5000 retail price on eBay. It’s not an easy camera to get ahold of. Still DxO should take steps to borrow someone’s camera locally, including some kind of payment or some free licenses, if Leica won’t step up. Poor form for Leica not to lend a camera to DxO for a month. Perhaps it would be worth your while as Leica customers to send off an angry email or two to Leica’s marketing department about the missing Leica Q demo model for DxO testing.

2 Likes

Thanks Alec,

I can agree with most of your suggestions.
I just wonder where did the previous cameras and lenses come from?
An M9, M (type 240), M10 including 2 or 3 fast lenses costs approx. 12 000 Euro
The SL with the two zooms and 2 fixed focal lengths is about 18 000EUR.
Why should Leica provide an M9, M, M10, CL, SL with the corresponding lenses as well as the Q (type 116) and suddenly refuse to do so with the successor model Q2?

As a long-standing Leica customer for over 42 years, I can’t believe it.

2 Likes

There might be a Leica store or a collector in Paris who would be agreeable to loaning a Q2 out to DxO for some kind of cross-promotion, favour or minimal rental fee. If DxO still won’t add the Q2 if someone arranges a body, then there’s an issue.

In terms of what to do in the meantime, much of the micro-contrast which Lens Sharpness adds can be convincingly substituted by the Fine Contrast. Distortion can be fixed with the Distortion tool from ViewPoint. And you Leica photographers have very little distortion to deal with in the first place. Plus whatever distortion you have usually adds character to the photos (based on my 50mm Summicron R and 90mm Elmarit R).

Hello, Alec,

full approval, I was also very satisfied with the various DxO programs so far. Above all, I was more than enthusiastic about the noise reduction. Lowlight shots with my M10 with the 1,4 / 50 and later with the Q (type 116) with ISO 3200 and higher were not to be surpassed.

I also didn’t have any problems with the missing pictures managing system, I solve tis problem with the Mac Photos app.
Since no update for the Q2 has been released until today, I unfortunately have to switch to LR, the usual workflows I missed of course.
The time required for this was and is of course very high.
What annoys me the most are DxO’s statements that they would have support on the roadmap, but it would fail due to the availability of a Q2, or the priorities would have to be adjusted due to constant new cameras.
This only annoys DxO PL 2 users or discourages future users switching to PL3.

Greeting Günther

2 Likes

Günther, bevor du zu Lightroom gehst versuch erstmal Exposure X5. Wirst du dich sofort zurechtfinden, und das Menü ist auch in Deutsch. Der Support ist wirklich aussergewöhnlich gut.