Silver Efex Pro interface size issue

I’ve emailed Customer Support at DXO a few times over the past 2 1/2 months over this but not had any reply other than a request to collect some information and send it to them, which I’ve done. No reply since then despite a few follow-up emails, so I’m hoping someone here might be able to help.

I am running the Nik 4 Collection on a Dell XPS13 with native screen resolution of 3200x1800. I use Silver Exex Pro from inside Lightroom Classic. In Windows display settings I have it set to display text at 200%. The Windows toolbar and the window header are all just right, and so is all other software including Lightroom–but the interface text and drop-downs for SilverEfex is huge and only 1 preview appears at a time. It makes it pretty well unusable.

The only way I’ve found round this and to get a reasonable size for SilverEfex is to set the screen resolution to 1600x900 and display scale to 100%. However, although it works for SilverEfex everything else (text, menus, dialog boxes) is much less sharp and gets hard to use. I either have to do this every time I want to use SilveEfex and then revert to the recommended settings when I’m done, or put up with the much fuzzier interface to everything else.

The Nik Collection is the only piece of software I use that has this problem: everything else, including Lightroom, seems to adapt quite happily.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do about this?

2 Likes

I just purchased Nik 4. Stopped using the Google Nik collection some time back because it wasn’t compatible with High DPI screens (I use a Surface Book 3) and the text was unreadably small. Now, I have the same problem as you. Everything is too large in Silver Efex and still too small in Sharpener Pro … what a mess. I thought that after all these years the display issues would be fixed…

Thanks, helpful to know I’m not the only person experiencing this.

I have the same issue, just got a laptop with a Hi Res Screen and Silvers Efex interface wont scale - everything is too big to be usable. Please fix DXO

DxO have recently provided me with a fix that works with the Lightroom and standalone versions so worth contacting support to see if this is available now.