Remove the exclamation mark

When I imported some new presets, I accidentally pressed the “Run” button and the image with the focus on it changed. I immediately noticed my mistake and pressed CTRL-Z, but now there is the exclamation mark, even though everything is back to its old state. How can I get rid of the exclamation mark without having to export the image again? Is there any trick?

2 Likes

No problem!
The exclamation mark just means tou made a modifiaction after the last exportation.
You know this is not the case :wink:
Pascal

I know what it means. But I want to have it gone away. I want my folders and images “clean”.

Maybe remove the .dop file with the same filename?

Export the images again :wink:
Pascal

As Pascal says, there is no way to get rid of the ‘!’ without reprocessing. I raised this ages ago in the Early Access forum but DxO seems content with the current arrangement.

I have more than once accidently set the ‘!’ flag on every image in a folder because they were all still selected following a batch export and I accidentally changed just one tool setting before deselecting.

Regards

Peter

If this were a votable feature request, it would get my vote. My suggestion is to add an option to return the image to its last exported state - thus removing the exclamation icon. Maybe that’s not possible with the current state model, though. After all, PhotoLab doesn’t offer a running history of adjustments applied - just the option to undo the adjustments one by one, which I’m guessing ignores exports.

2 Likes

An automatic reset as you suggest would be ideal. However, recognising that might require an inapropriate amount of development work I suggested a means of turning the ‘!’ sign OFF manually be provided. In every case I have accidently adjusted a setting I have reset it to the original position, so a simple manual reset of the ‘!’ is all that I would need.

2 Likes