PureRAW and LR4 workflow

I have seen variations of this topic but none addressing my specific situation. I currently use Lightroom version LR4. LR4 does not support my Lumix GX9 camera, so I convert the camera’s RW2 files to DNG using Adobe DNG Convertor before importing into LR. I am interested in PureRAW for its image quality capabilities but still plan to rely on LR for other photo editing and digital asset management. Questions:

1. Would I use PureRAW in place of DNG Convertor or in addition to it?
  2. Will I be able to improve images already in my LR catalog with PureRAW? If so, what is the workflow for that?

I appreciate peoples’ advice on this.

PureRaw supports your camera according to This page: DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses

This means that PureRaw should be able convert your GX9’s RW2 files to JPEG and DNG.

PureRaw will process the raw image input. You’ll have to sync previous settings back into the output file. There might be some colour shifts, specially with saturated reds as far as I’ve seen.

Input file with Lr changes and DRP output file:

After synchronising Lr changes into the output file:

Thanks @platypus for your response. Do you use this LR and PureRAW combination? If I were to use it, would I use PureRAW in place of Adobe DNG Convertor? Also, can you use PureRAW on files already in LR?

Apologies if you answered this already in your post… if so I didn’t properly understand it. Thank you.

@jadelson6, I’ll try to answer your questions one by one and as simply as possible.

Do you use this LR and PureRAW combination?

• Sometimes, when an image requires DeepPrime.
    I do most edits in LrC.

If I were to use it, would I use PureRAW in place of Adobe DNG Convertor?

• Yes…if your gear is supported by DPR and if you like its results, which can look over-sharpened in my eyes.

Also, can you use PureRAW on files already in LR?

• Yes. Process the raw image files with DPR, saving to the preset subfolder.
    Then, synchronise the originating folder in Lightroom.

Thanks very much.