PL4 - Monterey - Mac M1 - Repair tool cursor not moving

Since switching to Monterey, the Repair/Duplication tool works very badly. Moving the slider to choose where to do a repair/duplication does not work anymore.
The rest works. You can create a mask blindly. If the option show masks is checked, the cursor reappears when the mouse passes over a mask and you can move the mask.

However, this is an extremely degraded mode of operation. I reported the problem to the support. If they are as reactive as the last time, we can hope a correction in the week :wink:

Depuis Le passage sous Monterey, l’outil Réparation/Duplication fonctionne très mal. Le déplacement du curseur permettant de choisir où faire une réparation/duplication ne fonctionne plus.
Le reste fonctionne. On peut créer un masque à l’aveugle. Si l’option afficher les masques est cochée, le curseur réapparait quand la souris passe sur un masque et on peux déplacer le masque.

Reste que c’est un mode de fonctionnement extrèmement dégradé. J’ai signaler le problème au support. S’ils sont aussi réactifs que la dernière fois, on peut espérer une correction dans la semaine. :wink:

Greetings,
Does PL4 support Monterey?

System requirements for DxO PhotoLab – Customer Support

According to the above,

PL5 - supports Monterey

PL4 - supports MAC OS through Big Sur.

Puisque vous etes sur M1 Mac Mini je vous conseille fortement le mis à jour PhotoLab 5. Mes test de l’exportation ont le résultat suivant sur un set de 61 Nikon NEF D810 D850:

• PhotoLab 4 - 32m
  • PhotoLab 5 - 10m38s

Avec un différence aussi important il n y a aucun sens à continuer à se torturer avec PhotoLab 4 pour les propriétaires d’un Mac M1. Ma frustration est que mon ordi principal doit rester sur Mojave et les monstres à DxO ont refusé de supporter Mojave avec PhotoLab 5 (insens puisque tous les Mac Pros que bien des photographes utilise toujours). Les optimisations ne sont pas aussi important pour les GPU dediés. Mon Radeon VII fait le même travail sur PhotoLab 4 dans 7ms.

New in DxO PhotoLab 4.3.4
Known limitations
• To prevent unexpected crashes under macOS Monterey when previewing DeepPRIME with CPU acceleration
enabled, we have temporarily disabled the preview window. We will provide a fix in an upcoming release.
Bug fixes
• Fixed an issue that affected the graphics when dragging a selected subpalette header (macOS Monterey).
• Fixed an issue that inverted subpalette titles when dragging a palette out of the dock (macOS Monterey).
• Fixed an issue that affected the graphics on “Sort & filter” buttons (macOS Monterey).
• Minor bug fixes.

As you can see, the last version of PL4 is mainly to correct bugs for Monterey. It looks like DXO PL4 support Monterey. :wink:

Mac Mini M1: OM-D E-M10 Export with DXO Prime: 16 seconds / photo.
I can wait! I was looking forward to PL5 hoping for native M1 support. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to wait for PL6.

No such issue on my M1 MacBook Air.

Processing time comparison (this time with DPL5) for 60 files (1.3GB) with
No Correction / NoCorrection+DeepPrime at default values, output=DNG:

• Big Sur on Intel: 86s / 333s
  • Monterey on M1: 108s / 189s (battery operated)

Interacting with the M1 (8+8 cores) feels as snappy as on the 8-core Intel iMac.
Processing with DeepPrime is speedier though.

1 Like

En fait la même chose s’est produit avec PL5. J’ai donc stoppé mon Mac mini, l’ai laissé débranché 30 secondes. Puis je l’ai redémarré. Tout est rentré dans l’ordre.
Je dois avoué que je ne sais plus si j’avais redémarré le Mac après la mise à jour vers Monterey.
Un des nombreux mystères de l’informatique.
Enfin une fois de plus le support DXO à montrer son efficacité. Bravo.

In fact the same thing happened with PL5. So I stopped my Mac mini, left it unplugged for 30 seconds. Then I restarted it. Everything went back to normal.
I have to admit that I don’t know if I restarted the Mac after the update to Monterey.
One of the many mysteries of computing.
Finally once again the DXO support has shown its efficiency. Bravo.