PL4 and Filmpack

I’ve just installed PL4 and note that the Filmpack palette doesn’t show the option to choose the film type.

The options visible are:
Filter, Grain, Channel Mixer, Creative Vignetting, Blur, Frame, Texture, Light Leak.

Without the list of film types, Filmpack is useless. I don’t understand why I cannot see the list.

You’ll find them, Neil, via the Color Rendering tool; image

John M

2 Likes

Thanks for that John. It does seem counterintuitive to separate film types and grain into different areas.

Hello @NeilT and welcome to the Forum!

The workspaces and the palettes content have been changed on purpose to avoid sub-palettes duplicates like it was before. Please play a bit and I’m sure you’ll get used to it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. To be fair, I had noticed duplication of functions between palettes previously, so this is welcome. It’s just frustrating finding something isn’t where it was before and not knowing why it moved.

1 Like

Svetlana, a core part of my Photolab workflow is adding all the palettes I regularly use to Essentials in exactly the order I deploy them. Please ask the developers to add a box for a user-curated palette section (C1, from whom Photolab copied the new structure offers exactly this with a Q category as the first box).

Right now to get at them I’m constantly having to reset my workspace to a Photolab 3 preset I’d created.

@uncoy
I have a custom palette of tools exactly the way you described yours and found a way to use it effectively.

When your custom palette is active you will notice all the other tabs are unselected. If you select one of the new tabs your palette disappears but you can easily get it back by clicking the selected tab again which deselects it and your custom palette returns. No need to change workspaces all the time.

HTH

1 Like

Hello Alec,

Well, workspaces from PL3 can be easy used in PL4.

• We have plans to implement the functionality that let you reorder sub-palettes.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes