PL4.1.1 - Tone curve not working for my .NEF files [Resolved in version 4.1.2 build 48]

Ah, but can it all but replace a DAM without having to buy any other software?

• I don’t need to find and download the camera manufacturer’s drivers or other software
  • With the combination of Image Capture (provided with macOS) and Finder, I can simply drag & drop to transfer my files straight from my camera, which can be connected directly to my computer, and organise my files in whatever hierarchy I wish.

• I can browse and filter my photos as thumbnails in Finder

• I can QuickLook any photos for instant comparison, just by pressing the spacebar

• I can tag and keyword my images

• Then I can search for those files by tag and/or keyword

Which, for my purposes, is why I personally don’t need to use PL’s, or any other DAM.

Last I saw of someone else’s Windows setup, it couldn’t do all that :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’m responsible for DxO PhotoLab for Windows and don’t participate in development of DxO PhotoLab for macOS. There is another team responsible for that.

Alex

Well, this explains finally why there are so many differences between Mac and Window-Version of PL!
In fact, they are completely different products then!

They are same product developed by different teams. The core part responsible for corrections and processing is developed by the third team and shared on both platforms.

Alex

If, by that, you mean hacking the preset in the App bundle? Yes, that works, but it’s hardly the most, non-developer, user-friendly way of achieving the desired result :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :nerd_face:

Then there’s wondering what will happen at the next update :wink:

@CaptainPO, please have the bug, that @Joanna has reported wayyyy up, fixed on Mac. TIA.

Joanna,

Have you communicated the bug to DxO PhotoLab for macOS’s QAs?

Alex

Alex

Yes, I sent a DM to @akarlovsky and @SebinParis as you suggested, quoting this thread.

My apologies for not letting you know

It may well be true that you have more functionality built in to do those tasks than I do, but given that Macs cost so much more than a similarly spec’d PC I can acquire all the software I need to do anything and still save money.

Additionally, I can rebuild my computer with upgraded components relatively inexpensively and to a certain degree future proof my desktop machine. There seems to be more of an issue doing thst with Macs.

In any case, all joking aside, I’m glad of the choices that having two competing platforms provide. For many people the Mac platform Is clearly the right solution and they would never consider moving to Windows, and for many others it isn’t. It’s all good. Having started out as a computer programmer in the 1970s I am constantly amazed at what can be accomplished today with the current affordable technology available to so many. My first home computer had 640K of RAM and a 20 MB hard drive. .

Mark

3 Likes

Many thanks to @SebinParis and the guys. This issue in now resolved in version 4.1.2 build 48.

1 Like

My first home computer was a Vic-20 with 5K RAM and a tape drive.

1 Like