Under no circumstances try changing the config file!
It is possible to change the name of the config (to preserve the state and effectively remove it) when DxPL will automatically create a new one but the export settings are also held here along with other configuration data and these may be lost if you force DxPL to create a new one!
As a workaround you could try
Apply the “1 - DxO Standard” to an image and
Create your own preset, e.g. “01 - DxO Standard” from that image
Have you opened that image in PL before? If so, then the preset may have inadvertently been changed. When you open the image again PL will remember it’s previous state.
To test this:
With PL closed, rename a copy of this photo to something that PL has never seen before then place this file in a new folder and name it something PL has never seen before and be sure to not put any DOP files in this folder. Open PL and point it to your new folder and see if the DxO Standard preset is applied correctly.
@rrblint your explanation may well be the right one since I cannot see any reason why a “new discovery” should start using another preset rather than the default one, unless, somehow (?), it is already in the database (not a “new discovery”) and/or has a DOP “in tow”?
But the problem seems to apply to a directory of images?
In fact, when I noticed that no corrections were applied, I checked settings to try to figure out why and saw that my default profil was 2- optical correction only. I dont know why it had this value as I didn’t even know what profile was before (quite new to PL), but maybe I changed it at a time by mistake.
Whatever, I reverted it to 1 - DxO standard, so yes, as you pointed out @rrblint, at that time, PL did not discover these images, they were already opened with profile 2.
I deleted the .dop files as I thought the history of corrections where located in these files and deleting them would reset the image, but as you said, if the profile is checked against an internal database, it makes sens that the wrong one was used, even after changing the default profile.
I fixed the default profile, imported again the files in a new folder, and the at first read, the correct profile is used.