PhotoLab 3 is in!

Appeler le support quoi.
https://support.dxo.com/hc/fr/requests/new

Comment as-tu renommé les palettes génériques de PL (pas les tiennes, hein) ?

Pascal

Dans le menu déroulant qui se trouve à droite de chaque bandeau-titre des palettes, il y a parmi d’autres options celle de « Renommer la palette ». Ensuite, j’ai fait « Sauvegarder l’espace de travail », et tout roule.

Interesting - but disappointing - to see how the new repair tool performs, after being in the pipeline for so long.

That review doesn’t test the new features of the repair tool at all, or even acknowledge them. What are you disappointed about?

That review doesn’t demonstrate the new tool at all well. I have done better than that ; it took a bit of practice and getting used to but it is definitely better than the PL2 healing tool

I find DPL 3 to work better than DPL 2. It is more responsive on my 2019 iMac (Mojave, SSD, 40G RAM). I love the local adjustment layer functionality and the new HSL tool, which does what I want, is fairly adaptable and serves well on b/w images too.Thanks, DxO!

4 Likes

Floris, doesn’t work for me. I know the “Sessions” workflow for C1. It’s still messy and annoying. No way to just open up selects. It’s the whole file management mess again which is Lightroom. Endless churning to generate previews. I do appreciate that C1 does store its edit information in sidecars (in a subfolder, neither better nor worse than the PhotoLab way).

There’s no way to just open up a RAW in C1 as there is in Iridient Developer and there (almost) is in PhotoLab.

1 Like

Hi
What is unreasonable when more and more competitors are offering those functionalities ? You may not agree, that is your point of view, and i respect it. But saying that nothing must change in DxOLab will simply lead to no new customers buying it. World is competition! If you like to have many softwares in your workflow, that is your point of view. Mine is to have a minimum of softwares to perform my regular stuff.

Back to the topic of this thread that is why the new revision of DxoLab was, for me, disapointing.

A new forum thread is what IA could be brought into Dxo. Before implementing magical functions, much more complicated to code than my proposals, my view is that some useful functions, for me, and, from what i read other users, could be added.

3 Likes

When PL3 was released, I was elated with the new features and what seemed to be performance improvements. Since then, a few things have happened. The Windows 10 1909 release. Several bug fix updates to PhotoLab. Now? PhotoLab 3 works at a crawl (on my machine, at least) and is at times behaving rather badly. The developers knew something was up: they force-limited the number of images PL3 could process simultaneously - fewer than PL2, to keep PL3 from freezing up. And it appears to me that DxO tech support is overwhelmed: they are taking many days to respond to requests and the quality of responses has become horrendous, showing a very poor understanding of the new features in PL and how they are supposed to work. Some of them are lacking polite acknowledgments and thank-yous. I know DxO is working on fixing the technical problems, but the communication problems - internally and with customers - also need to be addressed. This is troubling and causing customers to have to do a lot of DxO’s work for them.

2 Likes

I’m running PL3 Elite 3.03 on a fully updated Windows 10 machine and I’m not having any difficulties with it. The last few days image refreshes seemed to be slowing down a bit, but when I cleared the cache things speed up back to normal.

Mark

Perhaps automatic cache management is one of the problems. After working on a series of images, especially if they involve virtual copies, I experience considerable sluggishness. It doesn’t take long at all for things to break down. Some of the glitches I was experiencing have stopped, but the performance has been getting worse.

Some of this can also be traced to a fault possibly originating in the new White balance panel - reproducible and being investigated. The effects of that range from slow performance to complete crippling of PhotoLab.

1 Like

I have found that significant use of the new repair/clone tool tends to slow things down a bit as well.

Mark

1 Like

You can easily resize to a bounded box with the free tool Picture Window Pro.

https://www.dl-c.com/Downloads.html