PhotoLab 3 is in!

What are your thoughts? Thats was a really quick upgrade I have to say…

The new colour wheel and clone/repair tool will definitely be worth the upgrade for me. Ability to invert masks is also highly welcome. Seems a good job from DXO this time.

2 Likes

Just about to install. I could be busy for some time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… and tutorials on the line :wink:
Pascal

4 Likes

To be honest as a EA member i had some time to play with and being from v1.2 here on the forum and as EAmember it’s , v3, a great step forward.
Bigger then v1.2 to v2.

I don’t spoil the fun seaking your self of the new content but there is a lot you like or asked fore.

2 Likes

Oh, so after getting ripped off for PL2, we get to pay again for all the features we were already promised? What an absolute disgrace. I’m out.

3 Likes

I’m legitimately astonished by how unethical this is.

1 Like

I have to say I like the colour wheel! But still 69€ for an upgrade is a lot in that short time…

I was an early upgrader for PL2, and they told us to be patient because while there wasn’t much new at first, they promised there would be new feature updates. Then the early upgraders/supporters got screwed over again on Black Friday. And now we’re supposed to pay again since there are FINALLY some long-requested features available?

2 Likes

DxO People: Will the Leica Q2 ever be supported by DxO? We’ve been waiting a long time, and I see that the Leica Q2 is still not listed as a supported camera for PhotoLab 3. It’s super disappointing to see your release an update to PhotoLab 3 that still does not add Q2 support.
When will you add support for the Leica Q2?

My preferred feature upgrades are these:

1. Colour wheel
  2. Local Adjustment (layer management) function
  3. Invert LA mask

I still have to rely on Lightroom for asset management and keywords, I simply don’t trust DPL’s database handling yet.

1 Like

That’s software Darwinism at work. If a user doesn’t like the price/upgrade/features etc you just don’t use it. Market forces. For me the local adjustment improvements look very interesting. YMV

2 Likes

Database management or DAM, somehow i am still thinking the reading of it is ok but the management should be extern so you can choose a DAM which is suited for you.
Only thing which would be handy is modification of the exif and keywords.
So you can update inside DPL the data if you want.
Search function in DPL is good enough for me.

2 Likes

Seems like pretty minor features for a full version upgrade. If they offered Android raw support I would consider it, as I’m actually doing most of my shooting this day on my phone which actually produces better quality pictures than my Panasonic zs100.

1 Like

The new HSL support is global. I would love have it available for local adjustments.

Mark

1 Like

Ist jetzt der Nik Filter Button weg zu schalten? Wenn nein, dann suche ich mir eine andere Software für die RAW Ausarbeitung,
Dann muss ich in den sauren Apfel beißen und 200 Euro wegwerfen. Schade ich hat mir das vom Munde abgespart!
Andere Mütter haben auch schöne Töchter!

Google Übersetzung:
Is now the Nik filter button off? If not, then I’m looking for another software for RAW drafting,
Then I have to bite into the bullet and throw away 200 euros. Too bad I saved that from the mouth!
There are plenty of other fish in the sea!

1 Like

I’ve got a topic just for this over in ‘what features do you need?’. If you haven’t used all your votes, please go vote for it. Thanks!

I am ready to upgrade from PL2 (Elite) to PL 3. However, on the DXO page there’ s an upgrade price for € 49,99. When I log in to buy, I see the price of € 69,99. It says that I can upgrade with an upgrade key/upgrade code. How do I get this code/key??
Thank you.

1 Like

You are going to stop using PhotoLab and throw away your investment due to the presence of a single button? That is your choice. The Nik button is still there.

Sie werden die Nutzung von PhotoLab einstellen und Ihre Investition aufgrund der Anwesenheit einer einzigen Taste wegwerfen? Das ist deine Entscheidung. Die Nik-Taste ist noch vorhanden.

Mark

1 Like

Are there any V3 specific ones? If so, where are they? Thanks!