ORF Processing: RAW is not RAW

I have a problem with importing Olympus ORF files: In a Couplet of Images my camera hast Made sind Strange color corrections so that the jpg files cannot be used. When I Import the RAW File with all corrections turned off, it hast exactly the same colors as the jpg. Of corse it ist the RAW File because e.g. lense corrections are missing.
Importing the same RAW File to other programs Shows the correct results.
So obviously the RAW File is not realy the RAW Data but hast the camera corrections added.
How can I Import the real RAW Data?

Hello @tosch3,

I’m not sure I get the problem (because RAW is always PAW in PhotoLab) - do you mean that when you open an ORF file in PL (DxO Standard preset is applied by default) the color corrections do not suit you?

If yes, could you, please, provide me with some RAW+JPG for the analysis? Please, upload them to upload.dxo.com under your Forum name instead of “support ticket number” and notify me when ready?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,
I found the solution for my problem. If I turn off “Allgemeingültige Wiedergabe” in “Farbwiedergabe” I get the desired results. I assumed this behaviour for the profile “No corrections”

I found that with some of my images very saturated colors are impacted by the default color rendering. Changing the slider “Protect saturated colors” to a lower value helps in my case.

The color changes are so subtle in my case that usually I wouldn’t have noticed. Can you post example pictures where the camera default rendering produces colors that are obviously wrong?

Hello @tosch3,

• That’s great! But examples for the analysis can be of help. If you want your images to be private, you can upload them on the sever I pointed above.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,
@Calle unfortunatelly I am not allowed to upload files as new user.
@sgospodarenko I have sent an example to the server. This is a neutral, non private file. It shows the effect pretty clear. If there are people on the picture the effect on skin is often worse.
Regards,
Thomas

Hello,

This is the name of the file - F0011538.ORF right?

Got it. Thank you.

Regards,
Svetlana G.