Optics module for Sony A7R4 not being recognised since latest Mac OS Catalina update

Since installing latest Mac OS Catalina update 10.15.4 and subsequently 10.15.5 the optics modules for several lenses on the Sony A7R4 are not being recognised. The metadata shows them as a generic lens e.g the Sony FE 90mm f2.8 macro shows as 90 mm macro and so this is the reason it is displaying a warning triangle. Checked modules are loaded and have reinstalled DxO photlab 3 again with no change.

Hello @Dagwood44,

welcome to DxO forum :slight_smile:

can you try to download any module (from the DxO Optics module menu) and relaunch PhotoLab ?

@sgospodarenko do you know if we have had such issues before ?

Regards,
Marie

Hello @Marie,

I do not remember something similar on Win but this issue is on Mac, so you’d better ask Mac team.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I have uninstalled DxO Optics Module and reinstalled. I have four lens modules currently in use with the A7R4 and these are FE 90mm f2.8macro, FE 24-105mm f4(raw and Jpeg modules), FE 200-600mm f5.6-f6.3 . By default it only brings up the 90mm macro and the 24-105 mm Raw modules. and the others I need to download manually. These are the modules that give a warning triangle. The 90mm module only works with Raw files and not Jpeg.
I also have a Sony A9 with the same lenses and there is no problems with any of the modules in either Raw or Jpeg.
This indicates to me that it is a problem with the Sony A7R4 only

Hello @Dagwood44,

could you upload some images that are not matched, please ?

You can upload your files to our file server at the following URL: http://upload.dxo.com
Please, fill in all the fields.
In “Support ticket number” field you should write your Forum User Name. Please, inform me when the files are available on our server.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie
Files uploaded as requested. All the pictures were taken yesterday or this morning in my office.
I have a friend with the same Camera/lens combos and using DxO on a Mac and he has the same problems.
I attached a new lens to the A7 today (FE70-200mm f2.8 GM OSS) and shot RAWand Jpeg. On loading into Dxo it came up with the screen asking me to download the optics module and the thumbnails showed the green camera/download symbol. I downloaded and immediately they changed to the triangle/exclamation symbol and would not be recognoized. I removed and downloaded again but this time it only showed the triangle/exclamation symbol.
Hope these observations help

Hi Marie,
Any news on my post and could you recreate the problem with the files I uploaded
Regards

Hi Marie
Just following up on my last post–any news on my issue with Sony modules?
Regards
Mike

Hi Marie,
Still have a problem with Sony A7 RIV and optics module not being recognised. Any news from your end? I’m happy to upload more Raw files if needed. The problem is very frustrating
Mike

Hello @Dagwood44,

I’m sorry I didn’t activated the watch on this topic and missed your answers (don’t hesitate to use @Marie to notify me).
Can you reopload you files ? In a folder you can name Dagwood44 so I can find them easily.

Regards,
Marie

Files uploaded. Both shot yesterday using Sony A7RIV with Sony FE 2.8/70-200 GM OSS lens. Also used Sony 24-105 f 4 and that was recognised and optics module loaded ok

Hello,

sorry but the folder is empty.
@sgospodarenko can you help on how to upload files in a folder on upload ?

Regards,
Marie

Hello,

Yep, you should upload the files on upload.dxo.com with your forum name in “support ticket number” field. And as soon as it’s ready, let us know here, please.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Files A7R8839.ARW and A7R8842.ARW just uploaded
Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Thanks I got them.
We have a problem with some modules of the Sony A7R IV and behavior on Mac and Windows are different.
I have upgraded modules, we will release the correction in October but maybe you can test them.
Can you list me what modules you need so I can provide you the files ?

Regards,
Marie

The following are the modules that are not working for me

FE 70-200 f2.8 GM OSS

FE 5.6-6.3/200-600 G OSS

FE 2.8/90 MACRO G OSS (works for raw but not jpeg)

I have the same problem with Sony A7R IV with a 24-105mm G OSS since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 and Photolab 4. I get the message: This image cannot be processed since it was taken with a camera that is not supported by this version of DxO PhotoLab. PhotoLab 3 now has the same problem since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7.

What steps should I follow to get the Optics module back?

Many thanks in advance and have a good weekend.

Hello @mabspix,

if you get the message “This image cannot be processed since it was taken with a camera that is not supported by this version of DxO PhotoLab” it means you can’t open RAW images, even without Optics modules.

And as it seems to be related to Catalina 10.15.7 I’m not the reight person to ask.
@sgospodarenko can you redirect to the right person ?

Regards,
Marie

Good morning,

• No need, it’s already in the proper section.

Regards,
Svetlana G.