Olympus E-M1X - Correct Colour Rendering Configuration

Hi all,

Seeing other posts discussing the PhotoLab camera rendering controls, I decided to give them a try. To this point I have used the default “Generic renderings / Camera default” rendering on the assumption that this would produce the best outcome from my E-M1X body.

To my surprise, I find that selecting “Camera body / Olympus OM-D E-M1X” produces a different and much more pleasing result where the garish greens that the generic rendering creates are toned down creating a more realistic colour balance.

Have I been making a newbie mistake by assuming that the “camera default” rendering would use the optimal rendering for the camera body? Should we always create our own preset to set the camera body type correctly?

Thanks, Peter

Assuming can get you way off. Just try and see what suits you best, there is no right or wrong and your only reference can be what you like or want - which is not always the case in other parts of life, universe and other things…

BTW: I like the gamma 2.2 preset because it delivers a very good starting point.

For my Olympus E-M5 II and E-M1 II, selecting Generic renderings / Camera default is the same as selecting Camera body / (the matching item on the list). The Intensity sliders are the same in both cases, too.

It surprises me that settings for the E-M1X behave differently. Could it be that the camera body selection matches a Generic rendering setting other than “Camera default”?

For my Olympus E-M5 II and E-M1 II, selecting Generic renderings / Camera default is the same as selecting Camera body / (the matching item on the list). The Intensity sliders are the same in both cases, too.

It surprises me that settings for the E-M1X behave differently.

Me too, there is an outstanding issue with processing of E-M1X images causing them to be over green. It will reportedly be fixed in the next release, it’s possible that I’ve just stumbled onto a work-round.

Where can I find this “preset”, Platypus? - - Perhaps a colour profile ?

John

Sorry, it is not a preset (sorry for that) but a choice that you‘ll find in the colour rendering panel. Leave the first selection as is and drop down the second selection to find it.

OK, gotcha - - Generic Rendering: Neutral color, realistic tonality (Gamma 2.2)

Thanks - John