Nik Collection 4 and PhotoLab 5: Output Sharpener, Dfine and Pre Sharpener crash

I’m using the Nik Collection with Photoshop. I am using the latest versions of each on macOS Monterey 12.1. And when I attempt to use Dfine from within Photoshop, Photoshop crashes. This is repeatable.

Just another data point. And a disappointed user.

I am sad.

Well, good news here. I just installed the Monterey 12.2 update and reinstalled the Nik Collection and Output Sharpener now works. Phew. Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Thanks - I installed Monterey 12.2 reinstalled the Nik Collection but its not working for me. I’m not gonna buy DXO-products- it seems to me that they do not care about this problem.

Nik Collection version 4.3.2 has been released. Here are the release notes:

I will install it today and report.

EDIT: Just installed and all three modules work again on my MacBook Pro 16" M1 running macOS Monterey 12.2.

2 Likes

Also updated to 4.3.2 (on a Mac mini M1 at 12.1) … everything works again.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Regards,
Dale

1 Like

I neglected to mention that reloaded Nik last night before reinstalling. Apparently, I got the new version. Redownload, if you haven’t already!

Thanks for the information. I reinstalled Nik Collection but its not working, I’m using an iMac 2019, Monterey 12.2.

4.3.2 works for me on iMac 24" 2021 (Monterey 12.1)

Have you downloaded the new version 4.3.2?

Thanks Klick, it works fine now. I appreciate your contacting DxO support and getting this issue resolved.

You’re welcome! After all, it was also in my interest. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did all the updates and the apps, define, sharpen, opened which they did not before, but allI got was a grey image window and and grey loupe window. I contacted DXO and they advised to run rosetta on all NIK collection apps which I have done (on those where there is an option (their old ones)) and all is now working

As far as I know, this was necessary under macOS 12.0.1 or 12.1. Haven’t you updated to macOS 12.2 yet?

Yes - I hadn’t realised that you had to manually tell these apps to run on rosetta as the other Nik collection apps worked - the original problem was the same as those on this thread. My latest update was just in case anyone else didn’t realise the need to also manually tick the box for rosetta.