Nik Collection 4.2.0 Update Issues

I noticed the following issues when I updated Nik Collection 4.1.1 to 4.2.0 on my M1 MacBook Air:

UPDATE

• rebooted the Mac and ran the installer again. This time, Photoshop was recognized, the plugins were installed and seen in Photoshop. Note that I had reinstalled PS from scratch and not used it before launching the Nik installer. Nik seems to look for something else than the photoshop app…

Same thing happened on Mac mini M1 (2020). On the second install I had to enter my activation code which I was a different experience. I have a question, should I see the activation code when the “About Silver Efex Pro” dialog (or any other of the Apps dialog) is displayed? Can’t remember if I have seen it displayed before and want to make sure all is well.

Check your Mac for this license file:

If you have it, you’re fine. There is no other way (I know of) to check your license. You can open the file with TextEdit. It’s not too interesting though.

@platypus Found the file. Appreciate your taking the time to provide that information. Thank you very much. Peace.

You’re lucky - 4.2 installer crashes every time I run it, then won’t be ejected to boot.
Come on DXO - FIX THIS and get it right!!!

Hi,
I have macOSX Big Sur 11.6
I use Affinity Photo version 1.10.1
I’ve Installed Nik 4.2.0 update.
I also cannot eject the Installer, and see a similar message as posted in above responses.
Only Viveza 3 & Silver Effects Pro 3 are working.
All other plugins request a code - see screenshot example.
I’ve input my activation code - from “My Software” while logged in to dxo.com - but it’s not accepted.
From the responses posted above, I also tried this: Library>App.Support>DxO Labs>DxoUserID
Opening the DxOUser!D text file, I copied/pasted the provided code…but it’s not accepted.
I’ve restarted my computer, but the issue remains.
Any advice is appreciated - thanks.
nik_4.2_update_screenshot

I had to re-enter the license code after the update. Typed it into the field shown in the previous post and things worked as expected.

(iMac 2019 running macOS Mojave)

i have a macbook air 2020 with M1 and plan to download free trial to see whether Nik 4 works without hiccup with latest LR with M1. Hate to go through install/uninstall and pay $99. Anyone experience smooth experience recently?

I’ve had a similar problem to this with 4.2. I took the Activation Code from the DxO Account page and entered it twice CAREFULLY(!) and still got the message it was either wrong or the internet connection was poor. When I was using Nik 4 there were no probs. Why now?

Incidentally the link on a page ( I forget where) telling you how to install Nik 4 on Affinity just takes you to a 404 page saying it doesn’t exist - that really helps!

I also feel that there’s a good case for making the installation of Nik on Affinity a hell of a lot easier. Maybe the DxO and Affinity should get together and think of their customers!