Module confusion?

My son and I are using a Nikon D500 with a Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD (A022), I am not going to type the other three options that the module gives for this lens. The issue that I do not understand is that two photos taken seconds apart seem to require one of the other three modules. What is DxO seeing in the photo that makes it think I have used a different lens??? Further question then, If the above lens is what the lens says on the barrel, Does it make a difference if I go ahead and process a photo that indicates that there are other modules available? Kinda confused on this one.

Do you get the Ambigeuous Modules Warning? As I am getting similar issue where the modules on a Canon 18-55mm from 2017.
Pictures taken seconds apart are not recognised by the module. If I try to export to disk I get the Ambiguous Module message and have to select the “Correct” module, from a choice of modules I haven’t downloaded, plus the correct module.

Yes, I did get that. But I had also d/l all the modules when first prompted. And the selection doesn’t seem to stick either. For now, because the DAM and I don’t get along, I am trying a different system. Good luck!

Hello @OldFalcon,

can you upload one image (a JPG straight from the camera will be fine) so we can have a look ?

To match an image and a module we use several Exif/MakerNote information in following order:

• LensName
  • LensID
  • LensInfo (for example : 18-35mm F3.5-5.6)
  • Current information of focal and aperture

Information 1 and 2 are not always available (especially for cameras of old generation).
Any of this information could fit several lenses (1 and 2 are supposed to be unique but all makers don’t respect that).
And maybe some information set in Exif by your son’s camera/lens are different from the one we have in our database. That would induce an ambiguity but in that case we can add information to solve it.

Regards,
Marie

Well, I can’t get this to repeat! Did someone at your end catch this? There were 3 versions of the same lens, only visible difference was in the last couple of letters in the name. And I did remove all databases and plists and anything else I could find in the Application Support and user Library. Thanks for checking back!

Hello @OldFalcon,

I understand what you say but I need an image to look into Exif as it’s the only information the program can read.

regards,
Marie

here you go!

hope this helps, if not, let me know.

Hi @OldFalcon ,

I need an image straight from the camera, this one has almost no Exif / MakerNote information.

Regards,
Marie

Try this one

Hello,

still no exif.
Can you upload the image on http://upload.dxo.com ?
In “Support ticket number” you can write you pseudo so we can identify it.

Regards,
Marie