Missing FilmPack 5 Elite Channel Mixer feature in Fx filtering button

The title says it all. I noticed the problem after I installed PL 4.01 today. For those of us who have FilmPack 5 installed, the Fx filter button displays the FilmPack tools as well as Watermarking and Miniature effects. All the FilmPack tools are listed in the Fx filter except for the Channel Mixer. I checked the rest of the filter buttons and could not find it in any of them. I’m not sure whether it was present in the initial PL4 release. I assume this was just an oversite. Please add the Channel Mixer to the Fx filter button in the next update.

Additionally, just a reminder that all the filtered entries in the Windows version are still displayed in alphabetical order. Please display them in the same order as in the palettes. There is no reason for the filtered tools to be in a different order than in the palettes, Without consistency, it makes using them more difficult and negatively impacts the main purpose which is to improve productivity. .

Mark

2 Likes

This is an odd one and yes it is missing from mine also…

…but in PL3 I did create my own palettes and workspace and on upgrade PL4 did bring them across…

and when I load the saved PL3 workspace (in PL4) the Channel Mixer returns, although in PL3 it is called ‘Channel mixer for black and white’ and in PL4 it is named ‘Channel mixer’, and it seems to function as before.

It must also be noted that selection of the DxO Advanced workspace…

will also bring back the Channel Mixer

You are of course correct it should return to the new UI, the above are just work arounds.

My Chanel Mixer is not missing from the FilmPack Palette, just from the Fx filter button display.

Mark

It wasn’t present on v4.0.0

1 Like

Just trying to be helpful, your original post was a bit non specific around the palettes aspect. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not a problem. I was just wanted to be clear exactly what the issue was.

Mark.

1 Like

Thanks, I never got the chance to review the filters in 4.0.

Mark

Hello Mark,

Nice shot :+1:. We’ll do our best to include it in the Filtering system with the next release.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Not sure that helps, but on Mac the Channel Mixer is under the Color filter, like Color Rendering also (films).

Thanks Svetlana.

Mark

1 Like