Mavic Pro Raw converter vignettes (still)

Just an for your information, the newest Mavic Pro RAW converter is better than the original, but when I use it there is still far too much vignetting to allow me to process my multi-frame panoramas through it before stitching.

Hello @digitalpro,

Could you, please, provide me with some samples for the investigation?
Thank you.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Here is an example (zipped DNG), but just about any photo from a Mavic Pro will illustrate the issue, at least in my experience.dji_0004.zip (13.5 MB)

Thank you. We will investigate.
In the meantime we are working over the vignetting improvement for DJI.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I’ve joined the forum to comment on this; seeing excessive vignetting w Mavic Pro; switch to manual and can remove it, maybe 35-50% with the slider

So wonder what’s happened since Feb…

Hello,

Well, as far as I see it’s reported as fixed. Could you, please, test PL1.2 and let us know your results?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Just checked; I do have 1.2, latest update; using Mac.
Taking photos with max width, not sure if that is relevant. But also, I had used the Mavic Pro module earlier, and not really noticing vignetting, so wonder if the vignetting part of the module has somehow stopped working with a recent update to DXO Labs.

Just now, tried vignetting correction off; and to my eyes looked the same as with “auto” [using module].

With manual, I set slider to 43 to pretty much eliminate vignetting.

Attaching the auto shot here.

Manual correction, slider at 43

Good morning,

Okay, could you, please, provide me with the image and I re-open the ticket for that.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I’ve attached two images; one with auto correction [as if no correction applied]; the other manually corrected.

Not sure if you’ve seen them.

Martin,

I see these images but they are from DxO PL and I need the original one.
If you do not want to post them public, you can upload them here in private - http://upload.dxo.com/

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

OK, started upload; put 00000 as ticket number, my email address

Smaller files uploaded

Thank you @DocMartinHK

1 Like

@DocMartinHK,

I’ve got your files but they are the outputs from Photolab and can’t be used for the investigation. I need this file Lai_Chi_Wo_Double_Haven_mavic_17June2018_142.DNG for the test. Could you, please, upload it?

Thank you

Oh, sorry; at one point seemed it had fully uploaded, after seeming stuck at 1%

Just had it stuck at 0% for some time; so I’ve put here:

hope this helps!

Thank you, now I’ve got it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hello @DocMartinHK and @digitalpro,

Problem has been identified and fixed. We will release a fix for PhotoLab 1.2 soon. We’ll let you know when it’s ready.

Regards,

Thanks; much appreciated!

Hello @DocMartinHK and @digitalpro,

PhotoLab 1.2.1 is available and contains fix for DJI Mavic Pro.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know; been away so taken a while to reply.

Already done update [before looking down inbox to see this], and noticed that the Mavic photos from my trip look good in PhotoLab, without the vignetting.

Thanks to you and other DXO team members!

1 Like