I want to do a clean install of macOS. I have DXO PhotoLab, FilmPack and ViewPoint installed. Do I need to deactivate the programs (!?), so that I can install them again, after formatting and clean install of macOS Catalina?
When I did a clean install on an existing Mac with High Sierra that already had the apps installed, I did the following:
- Clone your existing installation to external HD(s) or SSD(s)
I used CarbonCopyCloner (download from bombich.com) in order to do this.
- Boot from the new clone - to see if it works - and download the Catalina installer
- Delete the internal drive using disk utility
- Install macOS
- Copy the DxO license folder to the newly installed Mac
- Install your DxO products and see if they are working properly
Please note that this might or might not work depending on your environment and intentions.
Moving Licenses to my new Mac did not work, I had to enter the license codes again.
Please let us know if it worked with Catalina.
Thanks for your answer, I wrote to the support. Additionally I have backed up the license folder.