Local adjustments: Mask rendering broken

Hi all,

I am trying to create a mask for a local adjustment using the graduated filter. Next, I erase some of that mask using the brush tool (and holding Alt key). Consistently, the rendering of the mask permanently breaks in such a way that only see fraction of the actual mask and some boxes spread around the image canvas in areas the mask never was in.

See attached screenshot for more details.

Effectively, I can’t evaluate anymore from mask display what the mask is.

I’ve restarted PL, but that doesn’t change anything.

PhotoLab 5.4.0 build 72
Mac M1

1 Like

I was about to post a new topic for the exact same issue:

It happens when I select a local adjustment with a brush mask and I scroll or move the picture. It also happens when I erase a part of the mask (same problem as the OP).

I’m running the latest PL5 version, on a M1 Macbook Pro.

I should add that not only is the mask rendering broken, but the actual mask seems to be broken as well, applying only to the small squares shown in blue.

1 Like

@Jibz thanks, glad to hear I am not the only one.

I don’t think the mask was really broken for me, only the rendering. At least I didn’t notice it. But also I’d say it’s hard to tell really what’s going on because the squares wandered around whenever I changed the zoom level.

Now, this makes me wonder what needs to happen for DxO Support to recognize this. It basically cripples masks quite a bit, they become unusable for anything advanced. :frowning:

Cheers

Reporting the issue on https://support.dxo.com and linking back to this forum thread is a good way to make sure they’re aware of this bug.

Oh I see, thanks! I thought I’d already be in a space that support is seeing as these topics have bug attached to them. Did report with the support form now.

Have you tried the current release DPL 5.5 build 73?

Yes, good question. I have updated to that version since reporting and the issue is the same.

Hello everybody, we are currently looking into it.

2 Likes

Hello everybody,
this issue is fixed and will be released in the next days,

1 Like

Hi Barbara,

great to hear, looking forward to it! Kudos for the swift response from the development team!

Best,
Jonas

Great news!
For what it’s worth, I didn’t come across this issue in PL6 yet.