Leica DNG files

Hi,

Just trying out the demo version of Photolab 4 on some DNG files from my Leica M240. All of them show as unsupported. Research indicates they should be good to go? I get the ? mark on the image.

Any ideas, something to do with being a trial version?

Thanks

Hello @andrewlow,

Leica M Typ240 is a supported camera. Could you, please, provide us with some images for the investigation? Please, upload them via upload.dxo.com with your forum name in the ā€˜support ticket numberā€™ field and let us know when ready.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi,

I have uploaded three ages for you to test.m Iā€™ve also noticed that there are PL4 files next to the .DNG files with .DOP extensions.

Nothing to do with PL4 being a demo is it?

Thanks

Hello @andrewlow,

Thank you for the images. But the images you provided are from Leica M8. This is what I see in ExifTool:

And we do not support M8 camera body.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Ahh! Of course, thanks for investigating.

kind regards

Andy

1 Like

Iā€™ve also got a Leica M8.2 which I know is un-supported, meaning I either convert the images to a giant TIFF file and edit in PhotoLab, or just edit in a different program, in this case DarkTable.

Since PhotoLab is able to edit the TIFF images, would it ever be possible to load the DNG images as-is, with none of the corrections DxO uses to correct camera or lens issues? Being able to edit the (imperfect) images at all would be preferable to having to use a different image editor - or create 80-meg TIFF images, which is impractical.

Maybe PhotoLab could open the M8 files, and display a message that this is an un-supported camera, and therefore there are no corrections for errors from the camera body or lens.

(While itā€™s true that I can use other cameras instead of my M8, it is important to me that I use a camera that can capture infrared, and in addition, the M8 is considered to be ā€œthe poor manā€™s Monochromā€, another camera that I canā€™t afford to buy. Or, ā€œplan Bā€ is to do some editing in DarkTable, and then export a full-size image in ā€˜jpgā€™ format which I can then open in PhotoLab.)

1 Like