Input and output PNG files

Input and output PNG files with support for alpha channel.

Don’t forget to vote for your proposal…

1 Like

I am missing an option to export photos as png — in addition to the already existing JPEG and TIFF options …

Welcome! A feature request for this already exists. You can vote for it:

1 Like

Good morning,

Merged to the existing one.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

ImageMagick is an excellent tool for converting between image file formats. No data loss going TIFF <–>PNG. It can also resize and perform basic image processing operations like sharpening, cropping, etc.

I wish I could output PNG directly. In 8 bit and also with 16 bit incl. alpha channel. At the moment I’m using Lightroom for that. Especially with Facebook or Instagram you can use PNG and the quality is also higher… It would be nice if Photolab had the direct output option in PNG… I would like to use only one program if possible…

It should also be possible to create an alpha channel by creating a black and white layer for the color image.

1 Like

Nothing seems to be moving here, apparently no response from DxO either. I too would welcome a png export :-).

it is really not something to spend DxO 's time on… you can have a lot of various output to application settings in DxO and just feed free imagemagick ImageMagick – Command-line Processing with a proper command line to save in whatever PNG you want

Try the Export To Application option and pass it to ImageMagick.