How to find pictures without keywords?

@George I personally don’t use ExifTool because like you I find remembering the features a bit of a “pain”! However, since discovering the PureBasic program I am starting to experiment so I just extracted the JPGs from the RAWs with a single, very complicated command to ExifTool!

But it didn’t take the keywords over because they are in the sidecar!

Write once, use more. :grin:
I don’t know what you exactly are doing there but it worked. If you only want to extract the embedded jpg you can also use a browser like Irfanview. It shows the embedded jpg and when you save the image it saves that jpg. Without exif only.

George

@George The biggest problem I had with ExifTool is experimenting to get the syntax just right to get the results I was looking for.

The PureBasic program, written by a PureBasic user as a practice piece, isn’t working quite right in some circumstances but it preserves the original directory and the last command entered so it is easy to keep repeating a request until it does what you want/expected it to do or it teaches you what you should have been expecting in the first place!

It has the additional advantage of compiling to a “.exe” but the Basic is a long way from the version of Basic I learned and then taught back in the 60s so there is a learning curve if I want to modify the program.

While there may be easier ways of extracting the embedded jpegs, getting the bulk of the metadata at the same time is way better than simply getting the jpeg image.