High Noise Reduction plugin for Photoshop

I think that Dxo’s Noise Reduction functionality is the best I have seen anywhere, far superior to what is available in the Nik plugins. I would like to see Dxo make this NR functionality available as a Photoshop plugin. I believe that Prime NR requires a raw image, which would not fit into the PS plugin model, but they could make the High NR available through a plugin.

Dxo already has the ViewPoint plugins so this would only add a second plugin.

Why not make DxO an alternative to ACR like PhotoNinja is capable of? For me that would solve a workflow process.

Yes. That would be a better solution to this issue.

PhotoNinja is the only current alternative to ACR that I am aware of, although there may be others. Making PL an ACR alternative would solve this problem, and others, nicely.

PRIME is a feature included in DxO PhotoLab that works intimately with others such as lens sharpness for example.
Besides this one is also the other major feature of DxO.
In fact the best plugin for PS already exists, it is DPL :grinning:

1 Like

> In fact the best plugin for PS already exists, it is DPL

Exactly what does that mean?

PL, as good as it is, and as much as I like it, is not a plugin for Photoshop. If it were I would be happy, but there is no way to get from Photoshop to PhotoLab unless there is some interface or automation procedure that I am unaware of.

Viewpoint is a standalone application which is fully integrated in DxO PL.
So that is why it can be a plugin for photoshop. (probably)

To be advocate of the devil: why should DxO one of his strongholds , prime noise reduction, rip away from there PL frame and sell this as a standalone “ACR-kind of” RAW noise canceler?
could it be not enough to export a lineair DNG from DxO using there excelent lens correction and primenoise and start from that point in photoshop?
All color data is still there only demosiacfilter and noise reduction is gone over the pixels. And some lens correction.

> Viewpoint is a standalone application which is fully integrated in DxO PL.
> So that is why it can be a plugin for photoshop. (probably)

ViewPoint, yes. It is a Photoshop plugin, but PhotoLab is not a Photoshop plugin. If they did something like they did with Lightroom for Photoshop that would be a help.

> could it be not enough to export a lineair DNG from DxO using there excent lens correction and primenoise and start from that point in photoshop?

Yes, and that is what I currently do, export either a dng or a tiff, and send it to Photoshop. But that makes PS an external editor for PL, it does not make PL a plugin for Photoshop. My thought was that Dxo could generate a lot of business from Bridge, Lightroom and Photoshop users who are not currently using PhotoLab if they created a Photoshop plugin or if they made PL accessible through the Photoshop Automation interface.

I really like PhotoLab and have been using it, and Optics Pro before it, since perhaps version 6, but Dxo has been having financial troubles and I thought that creating a PS plugin would be another revenue source for them.

Ok then i misunderstood, i thought you wanted a separated plugin by separating the prime noise module from DxOPL so it is accesable like viewpoint. But you ment that you liked a interface which allowed PL as a hole to be a plugin and usable in Photoshop like viewpoint can. So not only the “best” parts to buy, but buy all and use the best parts.

Do not forget that PRIME can only work with raw files.
A PRIME plugin in PS can only be activated at the beginning of the treatment as you already do.

Which is why I prefer DxO to be the alternative to ACR.

1 Like

@Pieloe

> Do not forget that PRIME can only work with raw files.

Yes. I know. But High can work with anything and it is still better than almost anything else available.

> A PRIME plugin in PS can only be activated at the beginning of the treatment as you already do.

Yes. I know.

My personal use is to use DPL as the main tool, calling PS only when I need extra work. My suggestion was not so much for myself as for others.

1 Like

I agree
:smile: