EXIF Adjustment for TC

When I need to sharpen a photo taken with my Nikon 400mm and a TC, I can just edit the EXIF by reducing the FL back to the lens only figure and PL then allows me to adjust the lens sharpness.

When I try this with my Nikon 200-500 it doesn’t work ( neither by adjusting the max aperture ) as PL list the lens with the TC in the Metadata window.

So does anyone no where PL is getting this info from as I can’t see an EXIF tag for the TC?

Just a guess, but try the Maker’s Notes.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have a look when I get back, to my PC.

1 Like

lensmodel” is what DPL needs. I’ve successfully added newer lenses to files from cameras with old firmware that did not know the lens and had empty lensmodel tags.

Write lens model:
exiftool “-lensmodel=EF40mm f/2.8 STM20140626-8376.cr2

Get the spelling from a file that has the respective lens data and replace the parts in italic. Work on copies until you’re sure that things work as expected.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I still haven’t found it but it looks like I would have to go in the Nikon LensID to adjust it, but I fixed my problem by downloading the DXO module for the 200-500 with the TC-14E III - I only have the TC-14E II so it didn’t install automatically, but for some reason after installing the module, DXO in the Metadata windows says I used the TC-14E III and now allows me to adjust the lens sharpness so that will do for me.

1 Like

… the same here with two other lenses, where the TC-14EII is ‘recognized’ as III – love it
:slight_smile:

1 Like