Edit Shot Date

I forgot to update the time zone when I went to France a while back, so I have tried to correct it using the ‘Edit Shot Date’ feature.

If I select just one photo, the update works correctly when I set ‘Add’ in the drop-down menu and set the hours to +1 and save. The metadata in the file is exactly as I expect.
However if I select multiple photos and repeat the above, the first photo is updated correctly, but in all of the remaining photos the timestamp is set to be the same as the first photo, e.g. the first photo is Sept 22 2021 9:36am and the second photo is Sept 23 2021 9:58pm, both photos will be timestamped as Sept 22 2021 10:36am
Similarly, if I revert the change in one photo, it works fine but if I try with multiple photos, the first photo is reverted correctly, but all of the remaining selected photos have the timestamp set to be the same as the first photo.
My PC is running Windows 10 and I have version PhotoLab 5.1.2
Am I doing something wrong or is there an error in the software? I would have thought that it would be possible to globally update a group of photos.

Good morning @PatrickMcGrath ,

When doing the Edit Shot date operation for multiple images by “Add +1” → this 1h is added to each image original time value. So if the first one is 9:36 for example and the second one 10:12 → after Add +1 it gets 10:36 and 11:12. If you want all the images have the same value, it’s better to use “Change to” option:

DxO.PhotoLab_usChUaRprl

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana,
That is exactly my point. It doesn’t work the way you say it does.

Using your example, when doing the Edit Shot date operation for multiple images by “Add +1” → this 1h SHOULD BE added to each image original time value. So if the first one is 9:36 for example and the second one 10:12 → after Add +1 it gets 10:36 and 10:36

If ‘Add’ is on the drop-down menu, for multiple shots it only adds the time correctly to the first image. On the remainder of the selected images the timestamp is changed to that of the first image.

Okay, thank you.

As I can’t reproduce the issue on my side, could I ask you to share several images for the test and the logs ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 logs)? Please, upload them here - upload.dxo.com and let me know when ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana
I don’t know where the ticket number is so I can’t upload the files.

I have done some further testing and it the ‘Revert to Original’ that has caused all of the problems.

I originally made a mistake in updating all of the timestamps of the files by 1 hour for the change in time-zone but I should have increased it by 2 hours because I forgot about daylight saving.

After noticing the 1 hour error, I selected all the images and pressed ‘Revert to Original’. This is where the timestamp for all the files became set to the first file selected, so adding 2 hours to the Shot Date made all of the files have the first selected file timestamp plus 2 hours.
I have tried to upload the files but I don’t know the ticket number.

I have uploaded the log files and 2 images

Ticket Number ← Your name.

1 Like

Thanks. I eventually managed to do it.

I have done some further testing and it the ‘Revert to Original’ that has caused all of the problems.

I originally made a mistake in updating all of the timestamps of the files by 1 hour for the change in time-zone but I should have increased it by 2 hours because I forgot about daylight saving.

After noticing the 1 hour error, I selected all the images and pressed ‘Revert to Original’. This is where the timestamp for all the files became set to the first file selected, so adding 2 hours to the Shot Date made all of the files have the first selected file timestamp plus 2 hours.
I’ve uploaded the log files and 2 images

Thank you! We’ll try to reproduce the issue.

Update: I can reproduce the issue, thank yoy for the data. We’ll investigate and fix it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello!

The issue has been fixed and the fix will be delivered with the next minor release.

Regards,
Svetlana G.