DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (16 April 2024 update)

I posted a question to this list concerning the Nikon Z8 because the DxO list search engine found “nothing” about a Nikon Z8. However, the question I posted did enquire about all of the Z8 formats, LC, HE, HE*, and HEIF. Are all of these supported in July? Release date is 25 May 2023 for first Z8 bodies to be available to USA NPS pre-order requests. Given the date, this means that there will be at least one month that only the Nikon application and evidently the Adobe application can “handle” Z8 raw image files: – Finally, one thing that didn’t get fully mentioned is that some software already supports Z8 raw files. You can open a Z8 file in Adobe Raw 15.3 for instance. Here’s a couple of quick and dirty images and processing (Z8, 400mm f/4.5 VR S): – from https://www.zsystemuser.com/nikon-z-system-news-and/z8-presentation-clarificati.html

1 Like

Hello @Hunni ,

can you provide me an image (RAW or JPG from the camera) to test?
Simply attach it here or if you prefer you open a ticket on upload.dxo.com under your forum name and let me know when ready.

Marie

Hello @pcassity and @lukepphoto ,

we plan to support both Nikkor Z 400mm. But I need a loan from Nikon for that. I hope to support them this year. I can’t be more accurate.

@wildlifephoto and @lukepphoto ,
We will support Z8 in July with all RAW formats, including HE and HE* but not HIF.

Marie

1 Like

Hi Marie,

thank you for your quick response, I uploaded a picture taken with the Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN C to upload.dxo.com under my forum name, file is DFF00850.arw.
In PhotoLab 6.5.0 Build 171 it claims to be taken with a Sony Distragon T* f2 SSM. However, I tried to install the lens profile manually but could not find it but remeber - please correct me if I am wrong - it was announced for April.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Hello @Hunni ,

thanks for the file.
We have a mismatch in our database. It will be fixed with the June release, less than a month to wait.

Marie

Hello Marie,

thank you very much :smiley:

Joe

Hello Marie

Many thanks for announcing that July 2023 will have a PL6 update that supports the Z8 NEF formats that are the same as the Z9. However, although this may be an engineering choice by DxO, the result is that working photographers who use raw on a Z8 have no choice but to use a competitor workflow until release. I have a suggestion: Nikon USA will be releasing on 25 May 2023 the first production batch of Z8 bodies, with those NPS members who priority pre-ordered a Z8 having these for service. The lenses used by NPS members typically already are supported for the Z8, both Z mount native and F mount plus FTZ/II (the mount converter does nothing to the optics as I understand the engineering, merely providing the optical path length in air of the mirrorbox of a DSLR). Some of these USA NPS members will (?) be PL6 users (such as myself) – if DxO cannot get a Z8 to verify that the Z9 and Z8 NEF formats/files are the same except for EXIF (Z8 not Z9, perhaps some other tweaks), then perhaps a beta Z8 module could be released using existing lens modules and the users could evaluate. If DxO will not release a beta module set, then perhaps DxO could establish a site for presumably copyrighted Z8 NEF files to be uploaded to DxO for testing (with the understanding that the copyright held by the photographer will not be violated by DxO and that DxO merely will be verifying that Z9 modules, rebadged for Z8, will in fact work). The decision NOT to support HEIF on the Z8 may be a poor one. Let me explain. Rapid deployment to a client of a “proof snapshot” is important for all working photographers with clients who want timely “proofs”, with final results based upon raw workflow. Internal to the Z8 are settings that allow portrait/wedding/etc photographers to make skin tone, etc, adjustments that previously were done in post. Thus, such photographers would need to have HEIF support if in fact HEIF snapshot proofs (particularly with watermarks done in post) were to be given to clients. My understanding is that most devices (Android, IOS, MS Windows, MacOS, and Linux) can support viewing HEIF image files, so that most clients would be able to view a HEIF image that has better “clarity” than the equivalent JPEG but still is demosaiced. Nikon plans for (many? all?) Nikon system wedding and portrait photographers (many of whom use PL) to switch to a Z8.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply about the Nikon 400mm f4.5 support. I am sure you and your folks are working as hard as possible to satisfy everyone asap. Take care,
Pat

Still have not heard from support

Hello @macdod ,

I looked to your image, thanks for the sample. We have an issue in our database for Sigma 24mm F2. It will be fixed with the release of June.

Marie

1 Like

@wildlifephoto , I put some notes about future release and in them I prefer setting date I’m sure of. If we have possibilities to support some cameras before announced date we will but we have some process to respect.

Marie

Will we ever get support for the Sigma 24mm f3.5 and Sigma 35mm f2 on Sony e-mount like a7iii ? They are very nice lenses but have quite a bit of distortion so it would be great to have them supported

When will DXO support Nikon z 400mm F4.5? :pray:t2:

Hello,

on 7 June 2023 we have added support of new cameras and lenses for DxO PhotoLab 6, DxO PhotoLab 5, DxO FilmPack 6, DxO PureRAW 3, DxO ViewPoint 4 and Nik 6 Perspective Efex.

Cameras newly supported are

• DJI Mini 3
  • DJI Mavic 3E
  • Nikon Z8 (NEF, NEF HE and HE* are supported but not HIF)
  • Sony ZV-E1

Lenses newly supported are

• Canon RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM
  • Canon RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM with RF TC 1.4x
  • Canon RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM with RF TC 2x
  • Nikkor Z 800mm F6.3 VR S
  • Nikkor Z 800mm F6.3 VR S with Z TC 1.4x
  • Nikkor Z 800mm F6.3 VR S with Z TC 2x
  • OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO
  • OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO with TC x1.4 Zuiko
  • OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO with TC x2.0 Zuiko
  • Panasonic Lumix S 14-28mm F4-5.6 MACRO
  • Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG DN Art (C022) for L-mount
  • Tamron 11-20mm F2.8 Di III-A RXD (B060) for Fujifilm X
  • Yongnuo 85mm F1.8 for Sony FE

See DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses for compatibility of Optic modules with PhotoLab.

In July, we have planned, support of

• DJI Mavic 3 Pro
  • Fuji X-S20
  • Leica Q3
  • Panasonic S5IIX
  • Hasselblad XCD 135mm F2.8
  • Hasselblad XCD 135mm F2.8 with TC1.7
  • Hasselblad XCD 38mm F2.5
  • Hasselblad XCD 45mm F4 P
  • Hasselblad XCD 90mm F2.5
  • Hasselblad XCD V 55mm F2.5
  • Nikkor Z DX 12-28mm F3.5-5.6 PZ VR
  • Samyang AF 24mm F1.8 FE
  • Samyang AF 45mm F1.8 FE

Release after will be in September. So far, we plan:

• Canon EOS R100
  • Sony ZV-1 II
  • Canon RF 28mm F2.8 STM
  • Nikkor Z 400mm F4.5 VR S
  • Nikkor Z DX 24mm F1.7
  • Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-35mm F2.8 ASPH
  • Sigma 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | C for L-mount
  • Sigma 20mm F2 DG DN | C for L-mount
  • Sony FE 50mm F1.4 GM
  • Some Viltrox lenses

Of course, it’s a partial list.

Marie

4 Likes

Hello Marie,
I appreciate your support!
What about the:
Sigma 90mm 2.8 DG DN Contemporary for Sony Alpha 7 riii?

Thanks
Gerd

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded PL 6.7 which now supports my Panasonic Lumix S 14-28mm lens.

For all other lenses that I use there are two modules, one for RAW and one for JPG. However for this new 14-28mm lens there are four:

How are these new modules with “in-camera correction” used?

Hello,

@fred081273 , I’ve added the Sigma 90mm F2.8 to the to do list. From this summer we’ll resume Sigma support.

@peterw , since something like October 2022, Leica has updated some of its SL cameras firmware and user can’t deactivate vignetting correction, which is now also applied on RAW images. And, of course, that’s not the case for Panasonic S cameras.
So, till we can deal with that inside modules, we have decided to propose different modules.

Marie

3 Likes

Thanks so much, Marie.

No chance of supporting SIgma 35mm f2 and 24mm f3.5 for Sony FE mount ?

Hello @Hawkmoon ,

Sigma 35mm F2 DG DN | C for Sony FE is supported since April.
I’m adding Sigma 24mm F3.5 DG DN C to the to do list.

Marie

1 Like