DxO PL3: G90 Rw2 from Light Composition mode not working

Hello DxO,

I’m very happy with version 3 and the support for the G90 and G90 rw2 files is working well.

However: the camera’s rw2 raw file it produces with the Light Composition mode DO NOT WORK. That is a new mode, G90 exclusive in Panasonic range, similar to Olympus function). It apparently produces rw2 files that are different from the normal rw2 files. Because DxO 3 can read normal rw2 files, but not the ones coming from the Light Composition mode.

Off course I’m willing to provide samples and screenshots, but don’t know how here?

Kind regards, Frank

Frank - Have you tried logging an issue with DxO Support - here.

John M

Ah, yes that is better. I just did and uploaded sample and screenshot. Thanks!

1 Like

@Frankster69,

Sorry we missed that mode. We look deeply in shooting possibilities but this one is a composition done with the camera but on already shot images. We should have been more thourough.

We will look into it, if we can we will fix it in a next release of PL3.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Thank you Marie,

No apology neccessary, DxO’s thoroughness is almost legendary and this function is easy to miss. None of the other Panasonic camera’s has it as far as I know, not even flagships like G9, GH5S or S1.

Glad I could bring it to your attention, I hope you can fix it in a point release. Happy as a child I can now at least work with my normal .rw2 files from the G90. The Light Composition .rw2 output I can still edit in Affinity Photo for the time.

I’m alway recommending DxO, keep up the good work!

best regards, Frank

1 Like

@Frankster69, thank for your comment :slight_smile:
can you give me your ticket number at support ? So I can get the files ?

Regards,
Marie

Of course! The ticket number is 193821

regards, Frank

Hello Marie,

I see there’s a new update for Photolab, but I couldn’t tell if a fix for the Light Composition raw files was already implemented?

If not, I’ll wait a while to update untill it is, that would be my only reason to update currently.

best regards, Frank

This is the problem of just saying bug fixes, you never know when your report ed bug is sorted.

Indeed :slight_smile: And I have currently no need to update other then the Live composition rw2’s on G90 to work.

Hello,

fix might not be in the next release but in the one after. But in the meantime you can use a workaround : convert your rw2 files into dng using Adobe dng converter (make sure you don’t use lossy compression). These dng will be usable in PhotoLab 3.

Regards,
Marie

Hello Marie,
I must have missed something. Since when are non-camera created DNGs supported?

Hello @Sigi,

Panasonic G90 is supported in PL3.0 so dng images of G90 are supported too.

Regards,
Marie

Hello Marie,

Ok, I will try that. But… that does mean no lens corrections and no Prime noise reduction? Or yes?

kind regards, Frank

Hello Marie and Sigi @Marie @Sigi,

Yes, indeed, the workaround works! I had to update my DNG converter to version 12 for the G90 support, but then it works. The generated DNG’s can be read and edited like a .rw2 file, with Prime noisereduction and lens sharpness features all working. Thanks for the tip!

Of course, I will eagerly be waiting for the update where I can edit my Light Composition .rw2’s directly :slight_smile:

Kind regards, Frank

1 Like

Hello,

the decoding issue has been fixed but we were too short to add it in the upcoming release. So this fix will be available with the first release of 2020.

Regards,
Marie

Hello @Frankster69,

PhotoLab 3.2 has been released today and contains the fix for photos in mode light composition.

Best regards,
Marie

Yes! It works, thank you very much for the effort. I will post the news to the G90/95 Facebook group as well.

Posted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/panasoniclumixg95g90/permalink/656162008452142/

kind regards, and stay safe!
Frank