DXO PL 6 Elite, (Film Pack,View Point). What HDR Program to use?

I have PL6 Elite and seems the only plugin is the Nik HDR Efex ($$). What options would you recommend such as Easy, Photomatix, etc? And what are the basics on how that works?

HDR Efex Pro is a “plugin” to PhotoLab in that you click on a button to export to Nik and then select HDR Efex Pro on the list. But you can do the same for many applications: select Export to Application and then point PhotoLab to the executable. I do this with Photomatix sometimes, as well as applications from Topaz.

Personally, I prefer Photomatix for the many kinds of processing it can do, but would use HDR Efex Pro more often if it wasn’t so buggy. I’m hoping the next release of the Nik Collection will include a complete overhaul of it.

1 Like

What options would you recommend such as Easy, Photomatix, etc? And what are the basics on how that works?

Affinity Photo can do HDR merge:

It can also do HDR from a single image:

2 Likes

Interesting videos. thanks

Affinity Photo gives you a extremely capable pixel editor as well as hdr, pano, focus stacking, and astro modules. At the price Affinity Photo is a bargain and comes with free updates for several years.

2 Likes

^^^Wot @IanS said :grin: