***DxO PhotoLab Early Access program is starting for 2021-2022! (All information to apply inside)***

How to send dm

Ok, not a good start for me, but how do i DM you? I cannot see a DM link when I click on your name or profile. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think it’s about a 48 hour delay to sent messages, your post is also not directly visible.
That’s a anti bot system.

You need to be get aprovement of being a real human. :yum:
Just post some until you get a “reward badge” and then you fully active and can use a PM.

@sgospodarenko am i right?

1 Like

Absolutely!

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Phil. You really need to delete your message here which, apart from making your personal details known in a public forum, will not get you into the EA system.

For those, who don’t see the message button:

Right-click on this → @CaptainPO and open the page in a new tab or window.
The blue message button should be in the upper righthand corner of the page…

Adrian. You too will not be considered for the EA program until you follow instructions and send a DM to @CaptainPO . You need to delete your message here to protect your personal data.

No one will read 70 posts, just to apply for becoming a beta-tester. The first post should be modified. In technical writing safety hints have to be positioned BEFORE the risky situation could happen. Afterwards “touching the life wire could hurt you” is a bit late. And we people are lazy readers at time…

Also, for new forum members who might not be aware of how PM works in this forum there needs to be some advice in the original post.

I have discovered that those who cannot find the DM button when clicking on the Captain’s avatar may not be logged in to the forums. I suppose this could be the reason for some.

Personally, I feel that anyone who cannot work out how to apply correctly may not be best suited for working what is and isn’t working correctly in a beta release. Bug reports like “it doesn’t work” are hardly useful contributions.

5 Likes

I agree fully on

Although when writing technical manuals I sometimes look for “newbie” people to read my texts and illustrations and follow their questions/suggestions to improv the product. After all, I want my information be understood. It might sound a bit arrogant, but for new customers of DxO there could be a different “level” of beta-testing, like “how easy was it for you to grow accustomed to the product?” I mean, I also didn’t learn all what is to learn about DxO PL, so how can I be trusted as a beta-tester?

The question is does DxO want to cooperate with new users or should only experienced users beta-test? When I was new to this forum, it took me a while and the experience with other forum software to find out how to PM somebody. I also have to say, I know worse products of forum software. This one here is on the better side of things.

Thanks. I think I succeeded on the PC. It was impossible for me on the phone.

No. Still no button.

Hello
Is this the right place to apply to the “beta tester” program ?
Thanks

No. You need to send a DM to CaptainPO, as described in several places in this thread.

Mike. You really need to read the instructions for joining, which explicitly state not to post your details here, but to send a DM to CaptainPO.

As it stands, your request will be ignored and you need to delete your post, which makes public all your personal details.

Good morning,

@Joanna could you, please flag these personal posts in order I could hide them at least (technical limitation of the forum - I can’t hide them if they are not flagged :frowning: )?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

No problem.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Hello

I tried both links
It always says that I cannot send a message to “CaptainPO” !!!

What can I do ?

Good morning!

Could you, please, try now?

Regards,
Svetlana G.